May 26, 17 / Can 06, 01 12:14 UTC

Importance of Open Source software/philosophy in the constitution  

I think the draft constitution is forgetting a very important point: all infrastructures and services should be based on open source software to encourage contribution and scrutiny. I do not see it mentioned anywhere.

One of the big issues we have on earth is the spread of closed source system and disconnect for public scrutiny. Implementing the open source philosophy would ensure that governing bodies and enterprises would be fully transparent.

example: voting system and electoral system, state media, justice system, law proposal, internet governance, network maintenance, etc..

Last edited by:  Edouard Camou (Asgardian)  on May 26, 17 / Can 06, 01 12:15 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

May 28, 17 / Can 08, 01 19:55 UTC

All voting should be done on Blockchain based software; the ONLY way to prevent tempering and ensure safe voting,
Please checkout ethereum; very easy to implement and a great exxample of blockchain capabilities !
https://www.ethereum.org

Very surprised not to see any reply to my post, Open source philosophy is the only way to build a safe and fair society; otherwise we all have to trust whoever is in power and history always repeats itself. Now imagine stranded on a ship... Im not sure if Im posting in the right place? This is a HUGE issue that absolutely needs to be addressed in the constitution ! Don't be a fool, the old systems don't work; we know that; embrace future technologies for society frameworks.

Last edited by:  Edouard Camou (Asgardian)  on May 28, 17 / Can 08, 01 20:03 UTC, Total number of edits: 2 times

May 28, 17 / Can 08, 01 22:06 UTC

While we do appreciate and share your concerns for our Constitution, a better forum for your discussion would be on the current post specifically for the Constitution Draft. This post will be closed, to be continued in the appropriate location. Thank you for understanding.