Jan 23, 17 / Aqu 23, 01 03:17 UTC

The freedom of consumption for medical purposes or otherwise  

This is my first post on this forum, but I thought it was important to put this out here as I haven't read anything on the matter yet.

I believe we should enshrine in the constitution that the government should not prohibit people consuming particular drugs, plants or otherwise if I can be proven that they help alleviate the symptoms of a particular illness they have or if it does no harm to them in anyway.

Examples of this would be how CBD extractions of the cannabis plant help with certain illnesses such as crone's disease or cancer.

Put aside whatever negative opinions you might have on pot heads for a minute and think of the people in the future that will thank you for making Asgardia a place that doesn't punish people for making such choices.

Jan 23, 17 / Aqu 23, 01 06:17 UTC

No smoking on space stations.

Jan 24, 17 / Aqu 24, 01 13:12 UTC

There's been several posts on this topic - and similar, and many with reference inside.

"Consumption" != smoking. Smoking is a form of consumption. There are others. I didn't see any reference to smoking.

And done "right" it wouldn't harm a "station" either. Sure, it's not something that should be happening around others who would choose for otherwise, but it's not within itself generating any problem that isn't impossible to sufficiently overcome. Attacked right. In the case of cannabis, the CO2 you generate in smoking it can actually be used as fuel in the photosynthasis component of the grow cycle of the next batch. And other crops. As you don't smoke(shouldn't) the leaves, the stems, the roots - then you're not putting as much in by smoking it as growing it takes out(it composting after you've done cold water extraction on the leaves/stem, then put the waste through a cycle to render graphene does produce equal, it all has to balance in the end - but you can recycle that, too).