Feb 23, 17 / Pis 26, 01 00:04 UTC

Your inputs for a draft Asgardia Constitution  

Hello everyone!

Big news today in regards to the Constitution. Lena de Winne has posted a request of the community to help in gathering a summary of all of the great suggestions that have been made by everyone.

https://asgardia.space/en/forum/forum/asgardia-news-9/topic/your-inputs-for-a-draft-asgardia-constitution-2896/?post=16207#16207

"Legal experts of the Asgardia team will very soon start preparing a draft Asgardia Constitution. Asgardia community members have been discussing this a lot over the past months.

A number of very good ideas on the issues to be covered in the Constitution have been put forward.

May I kindly ask you to make a summary document with all the ideas which the community wants to propose to be covered in the Constitution?"

So, in order to expedite things, we ask people to please reply to this post with your name if you are willing to help out with this request. We need at least four willing people to help out with this as it needs to be done in a very timely manner.

EDIT FOR FURTHER CLARIFICATION

We are NOT putting together a constitution, we are compiling suggestions from all of the community into a document for legal experts with experience in constitution law to put together into a draft to be reviewed and voted on by the community.

No one draft of a community created constitution will be considered as a whole. It will be reviewed for merit and will be compiled with all of the other community member suggestions in the document.

For the sake of transparency, all community members who help with the compilation will have their names posted in a working thread within this sub forum as well as a view only link to the working document for the community to view the progress. As details about the legal team are released, it will be posted in the working thread as well.

Deadline for people to step forward will be this Saturday, February 25 at 9pm -5 GMT. All persons who offer to help will receive an email from the adminteam on Sunday, February 26 during the same timezone day. The link to the working document will be posted on Monday, February 27.

Any constitution suggestions made after Sunday, February 26, 2017 will not be included in the compilation. We cannot keep up with all new suggestions and compile the ones already put forth here in this forum and through other social media outlets. Also, only the compilation document created by the community team of volunteers from this thread will be submitted to Asgardia Official.

There is a deadline set for the compilation to be completed by March 31, 2017 but with a stretch date of April 15, 2017.

Volunteers so far:

Noah Walters
John Skieswanne
David Foster
Mark J. Cooke
Ihabman

Thank you everyone!

Kind regards, Rebekah Berg, Lead Community Administrator, Asgardia

Last edited by:  Rebekah Berg (Asgardian, Lead Admin)  on Feb 25, 17 / Ari 00, 01 19:58 UTC, Total number of edits: 3 times
Reason: clarification for the community

Feb 23, 17 / Pis 26, 01 02:51 UTC

👌 Noah Walters here to compile.

Last edited by:  Noah Walters (Asgardian)  on Feb 23, 17 / Pis 26, 01 23:38 UTC, Total number of edits: 3 times

Feb 23, 17 / Pis 26, 01 05:42 UTC

I fear the idea is to collect the main points people would want entered into the consitution rather than creating one for them - as long as they're paying for it then you might as well let them. I don't seem to see any requirement for your name. Not something overly intelligent to broadcast.

But there's multiple similar topics, if you'd like to scrape them of key points, make it a little more concise, I'm sure no-one will object

Feb 23, 17 / Pis 26, 01 10:20 UTC

Well, my name's John Skieswanne, at your service. I've also already put forward a Constitution draft.

https://asgardia.space/en/forum/forum/constitution-132/topic/the-constitution-of-asgardia-draft-2691/?page=1

Last edited by:  John Skieswanne (Asgardian)  on Feb 23, 17 / Pis 26, 01 10:23 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Feb 23, 17 / Pis 26, 01 14:00 UTC

My real name is David Foster. I am willing to help with the writing of the Constitution.

Feb 23, 17 / Pis 26, 01 18:12 UTC

Hello everyone who's replied so far!

Let me address a few things to clear up some misunderstandings.

We are NOT putting together a constitution, we are compiling suggestions from all of the community into a document for legal experts with experience in constitution law to put together into a draft to be reviewed and voted on by the community.

No one draft of a community created constitution will be considered as a whole. It will be reviewed for merit and will be compiled with all of the other community member suggestions in the document.

For the sake of transparency, all community members who help with the compilation will have their names posted in a working thread within this sub forum as well as a view only link to the working document for the community to view the progress. As details about the legal team are released, it will be posted in the working thread as well.

Deadline for people to step forward will be this Saturday, February 25 at 9pm -5 GMT. All persons who offer to help will receive an email from the adminteam on Sunday, February 26 during the same timezone day. The link to the working document will be posted on Monday, February 27.

Any constitution suggestions made after Sunday, February 26, 2017 will not be included in the compilation. We cannot keep up with all new suggestions and compile the ones already put forth here in this forum and through other social media outlets. Also, only the compilation document created by the community team of volunteers from this thread will be submitted to Asgardia Official.

There is a deadline set for the compilation to be completed by March 31, 2017 but with a stretch date of April 15, 2017.

I hope this helps and I will include all of this in my original posting.

Kind regards, Rebekah Berg, Lead Community Administrator, Asgardia

Feb 23, 17 / Pis 26, 01 19:24 UTC

Count me in! Thank you for the info, too!

• John Skieswanne

Feb 23, 17 / Pis 26, 01 19:40 UTC

Do we have any idea on how long the review process is? I ask because we need to make certain that all loopholes, potential abuses, and other similar variances are identified and made public so we can all decide on whether or not they should be allowed.

Feb 23, 17 / Pis 26, 01 20:55 UTC

Hi Fixer,

That has not been communicated yet. I'm sure it will be a suitable amount of time.

Kind regards, Rebekah

Feb 23, 17 / Pis 26, 01 22:54 UTC

Rebekah, not sure i fully understand....are we posting suggestions in this sub-forum or just offering our help to give suggestions during the process to be completed by the "legal team"?

[edit] dont worry about the above i got it now. my laptop was just having a mindblock and didnt show the actual forum pages. :-)

Last edited by:  Paul Bellamy (Asgardian)  on Feb 23, 17 / Pis 26, 01 23:01 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Feb 25, 17 / Ari 00, 01 19:28 UTC

Hello everyone!

I've removed the off-topic comments on this thread as we'd like to keep it for people who want to volunteer to help out. Please feel free to repost your conversation in the forum proper. :) Thanks!

Don't forget everyone, you have a few more hours to volunteer!

Kind regard, Rebekah Berg, Lead Community Administrator, Asgardia

Last edited by:  Rebekah Berg (Asgardian, Lead Admin)  on Feb 25, 17 / Ari 00, 01 19:33 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time