Apr 7, 17 / Tau 13, 01 21:16 UTC
I have no art skills, so I need help with a drawing. ¶
I can describe it with words, but my attempts at drawing it are complete crap. I am hoping some of you can help me here and maybe give me a simple line rendering? My kids described my attempts at drawing it as 'it kind of looks like a sleeping bag'.
- First, imagine three cylinders on the same axis.
- The central cylinder is thrice the length of each of the other two, and each is separated by an amount about 1/30 the length of the outer cylinders.
- The two outer cylinders are identical in length.
- The exterior diameter of all three cylinders is the same, approximately equal to the length of the central cylinder.
- The central cylinder is hollow, with a 'wall' thickness of 1/6 of its diameter.
- The two outer cylinders are hollow, whose 'wall' thickness is 2/3 of their diameter.
- Through the center of all three cylinders is another cylinder whose diameter is 1/10 that of the others.
- There are smaller cylinders inside each of the larger three cylinders whose distance from the outer three cylinders is the same 1/30 distance between the large three cylinders (from item 2 above). These smaller cylinders are attached to the central cylinder from item 7.
- Between the cylinders from 2 and three are spokes (8 for the center, 4 for each of the two on the outside) located at right angles pointing inward towards the cylinder from 8, with grooves in cylinder 8 all the way to the central cylinder originally designed from 7. There is gap between the spokes and cylinder 8 (including the grooves) measured as the same 1/30 distance from 2 and 8 between the spokes and the interior cylinders from 8. The spokes should have a diameter of 1/20 the outer cylinders length.
That is largely it. Lots of geometric shapes, but I will admit hard to draw. I am guessing at the measurements from what is in my head, so please allow me adjustments if it doesn't look right on the first go if you follow my directions exactly.
If you feel like being fancy and making it move, the cylinders from 2 and 3 spin around the cylinder(s) from 8, with those from 3 spinning in the opposite direction from the one in 2. The cylinder from 8 does not move.