Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 05:20 UTC

Mechatronics Engineering  

Mechatronics is the Synergistic combination of mechanical engineering, electronics, computer engineering, telecommunications engineering, systems engineering and control engineering. Robotics and AI are the Branch of this field. What are the contribution of the Mechatronics Engineering to Asgardia?

Last edited by:  MARIMUTHU SELVAM (Asgardian)  on Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 05:37 UTC, Total number of edits: 3 times

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 05:54 UTC

On the next school session, in spring, I'll go in robotic course. I'll probably try to work in regard of development of mechanical limbs and exoskeletons.

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 06:59 UTC

Seems like great. Me too. I have just done my UG in Mechatronics. Very Eager to work with Robotics :) , The medical point of view Bio-Mechatronics is Awesome. Will be great contribution to Asgardia

Last edited by:  MARIMUTHU SELVAM (Asgardian)  on Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 07:08 UTC, Total number of edits: 2 times

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 08:18 UTC

Me and some friends here in Asgardia, we are almost engineers in Electronics, Robotics and Mechatronics. It would be so fun to work with all of you.

Regards from Spain.

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 16:33 UTC

I m a student at universty in turkey and my departmant is mechatronic engineering. I m enthusiastic about this department and ı wanna be a very qualify engineer. So is anyone here who has an advice or information for me about mechatronic engineering?

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 17:06 UTC

Sou engenheira de controle e automação! Será um prazer trabalhar para Asgardia em prol da evolução humana. I'm an engineer of control and automation! It will be a pleasure to work for Asgardia for human evolution.

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 18:15 UTC

Here I am, another Mechatronics Engineer. The Mechatronics are very useful 'cause it includes a lot of things making us versitle and capable of learning a lot of things.

Dec 24, 16 / Cap 23, 00 12:35 UTC

Hello, everyone. I just started my diploma in mechatronic engineering this year.

Dec 24, 16 / Cap 23, 00 22:35 UTC

I took a mechatronics course and it's very useful. For my project I designed a system that used two servo motors, three ultrasonic range sensors [in a triangle formation], and a high powered laser in the middle of the triangle formation. I never got around to actually finishing the construction but it could easily be programmed to auto target itself by equations that would adjust the arms connected to the servos to align a target within a range by making the object an equal distance between all three range sensors. Thus, aiming the laser on the object. If the distance for firing is programmed and the equations for the proper angels are set with all three sensors the laser should theoretically be aligned on the target.

As a demonstration I was going to have balloons introduced to the range and have the laser pop them. But, I theorize that the applications could be used on a satellite to shoot oncoming small space debris or space rocks. The laser should create a force on the object and change its trajectory. If constructed with much more high quality components it would function much better.

This is just one example of mechatronics. We also used a program called Labview to auto program the other devices we made in the lab in the form of a graphic interface making it much easier for people who are not programmers themselves.

Last edited by:  Rylan Wallette (Asgardian)  on Dec 24, 16 / Cap 23, 00 22:37 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Dec 31, 16 / Cap 30, 00 04:18 UTC

Greetings from Dominican Republic! I am a mechatronics technologist and an electromechanical engineering student. I have worked in various projects that have to do with mechanics, electronics, software and electrical engineering. It would be great to work with any of you sometime~

PS: Isn't there a way to send a message directly to another Asgardian once you are logged in? Is good to interact with each other and start creating the community!

Last edited by:  Heaklig Ayala (Asgardian)  on Dec 31, 16 / Cap 30, 00 04:24 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Dec 31, 16 / Cap 30, 00 16:17 UTC

At this moment I think it's not possible to send individual messages. For now there are so many thing to change here Heaklig !

Jan 10, 17 / Aqu 10, 01 18:12 UTC

I've master degrees in Electronical Engineering (high and low power), one in Mechanical Engineering - both made the same year to compose an additional master in Mechatronics. I'm finishing a master degree in Renewable Energy.

So, if you have a cool project I'm open. Just let me know.

See ya

Jan 27, 17 / Aqu 27, 01 18:23 UTC

I think that mechatronics Engineering will have bigger contribution to Asgardia than on Earth. The contribution of mechatronics to Asgardia will be in the fields of the mining, exploration and building constructions. In addition, the nano-scale robots will have a wide diversity of applications and uses in Asgardia because of the freedom from the gravity.

Feb 1, 17 / Pis 04, 01 23:01 UTC

I am in the last year of Control Engineering and Automation (similar to Mechatronics Engineering with emphasis on controls using hardware and software designed for electronics), already working with robotics and industrial automation, development of industrial and residential projects using microcontrollers, embedded systems, Software and customized applications already trained in electronics technician and electromechanical technician, with more than 15 years of experience in the area I'm from Brazil and I hope to help our nation in some project! Ps. sorry the English !

Feb 2, 17 / Pis 05, 01 12:58 UTC

Hi felows, Im working and studing System Engineer and I starting in some Projects like 3D Printer, Drone, Autonomous Robot, Exoexqueleton, etc. I think that in the next future, we need to make one research open group for try to collaborate with Asgardia Space Nation. Id like to work in some Project related to Space. So, Im open to collaborate. Cheers!