Jan 20, 17 / Aqu 20, 01 04:40 UTC

Forum is not user friendly enough, also possibilty for developed an app?  

Hi, With all due respect, I do not found the forum is user friendly enough. I try to subscribe to topic for example: economics but I find out I can only subscribe to a single post in that category but not the entire topic. I do hope that in the future the forum with have an option to subscribe the whole topic, so people have easy access to topic that interest them but not scrolling up and down to found the category they want to discuss about.

Also, I found going online to Asgardia forum takes a bit of work (not saying a lot but not easy enough), which might discourage people having thoughts of contribute more on this cause. If it's possible in the future, asgardia could develop an app for android and ios which directly link to forum (for example: facebook and instagram) which show topic that the user are interested or commented in the past. Make it much much easier to access to it.

I would like to take this opportunity to thanks every admin and programmer who contribute on this forum, you guys did a really good job

Thanks

Last edited by:  kenneth Chau (Asgardian)  on Jan 20, 17 / Aqu 20, 01 04:41 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jan 20, 17 / Aqu 20, 01 07:13 UTC

That's "normal" behaviour, subscriptions are to threads, and not to individucal posts or entire subforums. If you was to subscribe to the entire subforum then there's going to be the same amount of scrolling as if you'd just clicked on the subforum, such behaviour is unlike to become atuality due to the futility.

What in particular was "a bit of work" to access the forums?

An "app" really wouldn't be clever, what would be "clever" is to "improve" the interface to the forum with such features as you mention - such as showing topics you've subscribed to, and previous posts you'd made - although they already exist, if you'd look for them. Considering the issues evidenced with the fabrication of this service so far, would you really think it's the wisest thing to then throw into the mix another two clients with two seperate codebases, and another 50,000 potential exploits?

Jan 20, 17 / Aqu 20, 01 07:34 UTC

That's "normal" behaviour, subscriptions are to threads, and not to individucal posts or entire subforums. If you was to subscribe to the entire subforum then there's going to be the same amount of scrolling as if you'd just clicked on the subforum, such behaviour is unlike to become actuality due to the futility.

What in particular was "a bit of work" to access the forums?

An "app" really wouldn't be clever, what would be "clever" is to "improve" the interface to the forum with features as you mention - such as showing topics you've subscribed to, and previous posts you'd made - although they already exist, if you'd look for them. Considering the issues evidenced with the fabrication of this service so far, would you really think it's the wisest thing to then throw into the mix another two clients with two seperate codebases, and another 50,000 potential exploits?