Jan 10, 17 / Aqu 10, 01 04:22 UTC

Re: I Can't Stand it Anymore!!!  

Hi Ann,

Thank you for the feedback. I have moved this post from [...NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS / BUG REPORTS - WEBSITE AND FORUM] to [...NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS / FEEDBACK]

There have been a large number of suggestions for feature enhancements on the forums. This link https://asgardia.space/en/forum/forum/feedback-11/topic/changes-in-the-pipeline-777/ includes some of the enhancements being worked on. This list by no means is complete. Due to the sheer volume of suggestions, these are being prioritised and once developed announcements will be made upon their launch.

We have a dedicated staff of Moderators and Administrators who volunteer their time to monitor the forums 24/7. Any posts deemed to be inappropriate and against the forum rules (located here: https://asgardia.space/en/forum/forum/forum-announcements-10/topic/asgardiaspace-posting-rules-82/) are dealt with in an efficient and professional manner. This may result in the post being edited to remove any offensive remarks, through to being deleted from the forums.

At this time, while we completely understand your concerns relating to teenagers having access to the forums, the ability to communicate via Private Messages (PMs) currently is unavailable reducing the risk of your concerns. We understand this does not completely mitigate these, that is why our dedicated staff are on hand 24/7.

The forums were launched in their current format due to the overwhelming demand for an alternative to Facebook. This does not mean this is the completed product. As the forums evolve, every consideration will be taken to ensure the safety of each and every Asgardian using the forums.

We thank you for raising your concerns with us and will forward through for discussion on how to best move forward.

Jan 10, 17 / Aqu 10, 01 23:52 UTC

Does it matter if it's a man? or a woman? - even both or neither....
Does it matter what their name is? or what they choose to call themselves?

What does any of that actually change? 'cause it shouldn't...

A file by any other name still MD5's the same. It doesn't matter what they are called, it doesn't matter who they are, what they do for a living, where they live, what they ate for breakfast, how old they are - it's irrelevant. I'm sure if they'd wanted you to know, they would of told you. I wouldn't suggest leaking any of this information until there's some measure of privacy at least.

What matters is the quality of their input. What they say, think, and do...

Updated  on Jan 10, 17 / Aqu 10, 01 23:55 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: typo, additional data.

Jan 11, 17 / Aqu 11, 01 03:04 UTC

What if you ask them when you are interested in a specific topic and you want to know who they are? I know no person who got buried alive because s/he asked who is talking to them.

The one thing i would recommend is to get the ability to add the facebook profile link to the profile of the board (optional feature). This might give a chance to "inspect the enemies".

I am Matthias, i am a 33 years old software developer from Germany.

Jan 11, 17 / Aqu 11, 01 03:23 UTC

There's a lot of differences between this operation and facebook - and that's a good thing. I'd like to hope we've no requirement for amassing large quantities of pictures of faces in order to train facial recognition software thorugh the stupidity of victim, I mean user input. We should have no need to disseminate data obtained from personal interactions, start building maps of who knows who and graphing steps of seperation, monitoring who's looking at what, for how long... In fact we should have no requirement to engage in the shady data collection practices or ethically and morally reprehensible abuses of this data that FB exists specifically for, only made possible by the stupidity of input.

Does it matter what they look like? Again what should be of concern is the quality of input. There's profiles visible, which IIRC currently has capacity for a user to upload a photo of themselves and eventually this will feature more data the user has selected to be publicly visible. Or it will by the time I'm finished.

If your spouse seems concerned as to the gender of your friends, then you've really got a lot more important things to be considering than restricting your interactions. Asgardia isn't a "dating network" so such advancements should be reported to the moderators/admin staff - which would be easier if the "IT team" had a clue what they are doing and facilites would of already been in place to report abuse. There can be harassment online, ID doesn't stop this. There's already a method to ID the users, anyway. "Block" would make sense once there's actually a PM mechanism installed. Even more sense if there was actually some real comms protocol deployed.

I fear you're under the impression this is attempting to be a "social network". I was under the impression it's supposed to be somewhere we can interact with the aim of actually making progress in terms of establishing ourselves as a nation without giving all rights to data input to a third party corporation of proven hostile intent. Sure, at some point it would possibly be a good idea to deploy such abilities for those who would use them, but I don't think that's what this is about. We've got more serious things to be considering about now, and facilities already exist in other places for people who'd only really be interested in that.

Updated  on Jan 11, 17 / Aqu 11, 01 03:26 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: typo

Jan 11, 17 / Aqu 11, 01 05:27 UTC

Hi All,

Thank you all for providing the feedback and the additiional suggestions. These have been noted and forwarded as previously mentioned. This post will now be locked.

I wish to reiterate my colleague Jason's comments which applies to everyone, and not just those involved in this discussion.

If anyone feels threatened or harassed, please raise it immediately as this behaviour will not be tolerated and will be dealt with immediately.

Last edited by:  Alan Player (Asgardian)  on Jan 11, 17 / Aqu 11, 01 05:28 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time