Jan 1, 17 / Aqu 01, 01 21:08 UTC

Re: A Game for Asgardia  

In any case Gabriel, in which game development platform and language would you use for it?

I am studying myself multimedia engineering focusing on game design and programming, and since I hadn't tried many languages yet it would be cool to test and practice beforehand so I can pledge to the project if it goes on. I really like the idea of crowdsourced videogames.

And I read the document, really amazing, hoping to see the art of it (When gravity is a mess and reality blurrs, creativity shapes the situation); how would you implement the game mechanics?

Jan 1, 17 / Aqu 01, 01 23:36 UTC

@AlexeiLumus

About which language to use, I don't know which would be best... I have notions of programming but don't quite know how to program yet. I'm also not a good artist and do not possess a digitizing table to even try to make a conceptual art of it, but I'd seriously looove to see something, if anyone finds it interesting. All I have is the "image in my head" of it and seems fantastic.

Game mechanics are actually the trick here, as this isn't really the "game", but the "connection of all games" the point of convergence of every "dimension".

I've tried to think a few times on how to move around and always came to "hookshot, hooks and jetboots" to jump from rock to rock and move around slightly like some sort of spider-man.

Some rocks and special places would have portals to take from point A to point B but players would have their own "direct portal" (teleport) to known locations (which would also be used to access other games within the platform and other players "personal worlds/dimensions" including Asgardia's official world). Players would also have the ability to create portals to their "personal worlds/games/dimensions" in fixed places, but only a single portal it must always be placed somewhere, being placed automatically when they first create "their own world" (so they only choose where their portal actually is). Their portal is also the place they spawn on "The Event Horizon" when they first come to it.

After playing a bit of The Stanley Parable I also thought of something that could be funny which would be to have a "3D Map" for the whole ring but every time you look, everything is in a different place, including you and while you are looking you can see things moving in random speeds and directions xD including the moons, of course.

Maybe make the appearance of the HUD change at times and specific locations even if keeping the same data, as if it was also affected by where it is.

Thank you very much for finding it interesting ^^ I've actually really loved this idea when it first popped into my head and have been thinking for quite a while how to apply it. and when the game idea came up and was compatible with it, I was really happy, but worried people might not really like it ><

Last edited by:  Gabriel Canongia (Interest Admin, Asgardian)  on Jan 1, 17 / Aqu 01, 01 23:37 UTC, Total number of edits: 2 times

Jan 3, 17 / Aqu 03, 01 09:55 UTC

Oh Gabriel, your idea is good enough and more for a personal project, I really thought you were a game developer of some kind, not someone sharing his idea. Which is greate anyway.

Besides that, I will make myself games for the next month, and I'll try to put as many references of Asgardia as I can. Because even if gathering random strangers (united by the same feeling, anyway), is kinda troublesome, every little contribution to the project itself will be helpful. And if someone with some experiencie proposes a plan to crowsource a game made by everyone, I'll gladly help on the formation, debugging, coordination, etc of it.

Jan 5, 17 / Aqu 05, 01 22:53 UTC

@AlexeiLumus

Well, I'm not a game developer yet, but I do have intention of working in game development some time in the future and do am a Game Designer, specially at heart.

I actually do have a somewhat of plan at mind to crowd-source and crowd-fund this project if there is interest over here... That is also why I though of this as something extremely moddable and even modular and I am truly thankful you really liked the idea ^^ seriously.
I did study game development for a while and have a good notion of the whole development process, though I myself know better how to write a good Game Design than to draw, model or everything else that is needed.

Jan 6, 17 / Aqu 06, 01 19:40 UTC

hi guys, i'm a game developer and me and my team are developing a mix of an terror/sci-fi/puzzle game, someone here like this kind of game ?

Last edited by:  Eduardo Larrubia (Asgardian)  on Jan 6, 17 / Aqu 06, 01 19:40 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jan 6, 17 / Aqu 06, 01 20:26 UTC

@Edward T. Phantom

I do =]

Jan 6, 17 / Aqu 06, 01 21:11 UTC

@Gabriel Jack

as I proceed the development i will share here on the forum. thank you !

Jan 20, 17 / Aqu 20, 01 15:31 UTC

Great to see so much interest, but I want to get some things clarified. I did volunteer to make (and donate) a game design, but the scale of the games suggested in this thread are far too large for one person to do in their free time. Are others willing to commit to realizing this with their own donations of time and resources? If so, fantastic. I look forward to working together. If not, I'll need to limit the scope of this game to one suited for tabletop play, rather than a computer game. I certainly want to give this all the support I can, but my resources are limited.

Alternatively, if people are suggesting a for-profit game themed on Asgardia, there would need to be terms and an agreement from Asgardia's leadership to allow use of the Intellectual Property.

Last edited by:  Stephen Ritterbush (Asgardian)  on Jan 20, 17 / Aqu 20, 01 15:33 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jan 22, 17 / Aqu 22, 01 16:00 UTC

If you guys would like you can use the asgardia discord gaming server to chat to eachother on ideas that you have! I could even set you two up with your own voice and text channels. The only thing is that I think we are only able to upload files of a certain size so, we can't exactly host big files. we already have a few people in the discord that are into developing games so they may be able to help. Since it is also a discord full of gamers you can also get access to a load of beta tresters ;). anyway, I'll leave the link incase you want to join.

Discord link: https://discord.gg/NNmhSuZ

Feb 1, 17 / Pis 04, 01 14:24 UTC

Maybe not need a title of Asgardia, but create some campaign with existing titles like:

• Star Citizen
  • Mass Effect
  • Star Trek VR

And if possible do this, i belive will be more rentable from a marketing point of view than create a game.. At least for a while..

Jun 16, 17 / Can 27, 01 12:47 UTC

I think that would be a good idea. An online space station 3d simulator rpg type game.  Something similar to the newish game Iv seen advertized call Duel Universe. Good for social interaction between Asgardians of all ages. And to simulate future missions and work as teams to keep earth safe. Yes mobile app games is a good idea also. 

Last edited by:  John Psarakis (Asgardian)  on Jun 16, 17 / Can 27, 01 12:53 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jun 25, 17 / Leo 08, 01 07:28 UTC

We have to be realistic with this, being a game about something as innovative, as it is asgardia, you have to think about the fact that a game about asgardia would not be a good idea since, unless the history of said game is Happy at all times, the idea of a game of (example) action, about asgardia, has to have trajedia in its history, which, when the project is not ready completely, it is bad marketing to create a game where bad things happen, About a project where good things should happen. Now, this could be a good idea if at the time of being created, the project is already finished, that is, the nation built, transport ships, etc. Besides the design of the ship (in the game) among other things, and the same happens with the films and/or animated series about asgardia. 

Jun 26, 17 / Leo 09, 01 01:50 UTC

Well, I think games are good, and wish for more 3d simulators like asteroid, with varying amounts of realism. However, i suggest the game minecraft be modified to simulate space and space stations, and elytras are made super common. The game minecraft is an excellent general audiences community enabled game with explorations into VR, cross platform compatibility, and education/ skill development.

A game seed and texture skin packs could be sold in the minecraft store! 

Jun 30, 18 / Leo 13, 02 21:03 UTC

I really like to see something like that, like a new Asgardian im so interesed in this theme, games and space its really beauty

Jul 1, 18 / Leo 14, 02 00:51 UTC

VR space simulator. create yourself as an avatar on the future ark. Join other Asgardians like yourself. Set up a form of business to suit the needs of the colony. Learn a trade. Make it as realistic as your skills will allow with frequent updates as needed.