Mar 29, 17 / Tau 04, 01 03:19 UTC

Developing a space law enforcing ship.  

If we come space law enforcers we would need ships to intercept, scout, neutralize, and to investigate or even defend. What do you guys think? And what should space craft look? Me personally might be larger than normal jets at first but would be faster than a normal shuttle, few weapons, and a type of reinforce armor for attack or metor showers.what are your ideas?

**Mod Edit** This topic was moved from Space Law to Military/Security.
Zahira, 08/05/2017, 17:51 UTC

Last edited by:  Jewell Ledoux (Global Admin, Asgardian)  on May 8, 17 / Gem 16, 01 17:51 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Apr 1, 17 / Tau 07, 01 02:42 UTC

Most common law enforcement vehicles tend to be known for their speed capabilities. In space, anyone can go as fast as they want if they have enough fuel, since everything drifts in space. Thus, it would be important for law enforcement craft to be able to get up to speed faster than other ships. To do this, they either need more power propulsion systems, or to be physically lighter. Having a powerful propulsion system that has a low fuel requirement would be ideal, as propulsion would have to counteract the total mass of the ship, even in a vacuum. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Design wise, ships could be in any ridiculous shape, since they do not need to worry about air or water friction. One could create a massive brick wall and it would still function in space. Minimizing on-board vibration because of the engines would also be important, so the ship doesn't shake itself apart. With graphyne or carbon nanotube technology, any space craft can remain lightweight yet well armored, and these two materials (especially carbon nanotubes) have a wide variety of technologies they can comprise, making these craft even lighter.

Next question then is: "Who are they chasing?" and "Will these craft need to enter atmosphere?"

Apr 3, 17 / Tau 09, 01 02:28 UTC

While I do agree that their will be a need for such crafts, it will not be for quite some time. The only thing we will need to keep the peace is a security force consisting of men and women. Also, I think folks should stop referring to it as law enforcement, that phrase implies a militarian style do as we say society and if Asgardia is to be the place the founder and the citizens wish it to be. We need to stop using primitive ideals such as enforcing the laws unto people and approach keeping the peace in a different manner. One that, promotes the type of behaviour of the citizens that will lead to the ultimate goal of Asgardia. By encouraging them to change the way they think and approach situations

Apr 12, 17 / Tau 18, 01 19:31 UTC

As true as that is Brandon, what should we call it then? Space security? Also Sean, your half right, the thrust is effected my the mass of the ship itself,but we will be close to orbit so mass isn't all it has to worry about, also everything is weightless in Space so depending on what's used, the mass for the thrust is for close it in orbit use.

Apr 20, 17 / Tau 26, 01 17:22 UTC

Well Boone, since a ship can not enforce anything, I say we just call it a ship or give it a name like enterprise for example

Apr 25, 17 / Gem 03, 01 00:53 UTC

Maybe but it will enforce when other countries developed space fights or a type of shil

May 8, 17 / Gem 16, 01 16:33 UTC

I understand your point of view, but we do not need to engage in any war, because they have a much better technological advantage. It would be a suicidial. I'm against of violence. No war at all cost.

May 19, 17 / Gem 27, 01 19:38 UTC

Sorry lab but trust me we won't be left alone and actually we will be at a disadvantage without a craft defense, you see Russia has reacted a unmanned nuclear bomber capable of flying into orbit to nuke anyone by dropping or launching. All though not as effective in space they could easy destroy asgardia if they wanted to if we didn't have a defense