Dec 28, 16 / Cap 27, 00 15:45 UTC

what if..people dies in asgardia???  

How does fellow asgardians are going to manage the problem of death in asgardia??

Dec 28, 16 / Cap 27, 00 18:27 UTC

Maybe we can burried them at earth, but with spaceshipt its must be expensiv, so how if we just use another planet and burried them at there

Dec 28, 16 / Cap 27, 00 19:49 UTC

It's not "what if" - It's inevitable. Just a question of time.

I'm incredibly utilitarian so would not be opposed to them being recycled in order to extract usable resources.

To assume people would be opposed to such concepts, then the quesiton of disposal arises. Incineraiton is likely to be a viable option on most facilities. Centrafugally launched into the nearest star is likely to applicable, also.

Discounting the sudden invention of FTL travel, then it's likely to be inconvenient for all locations to feature "burial". Some locations may feature suitable proximity to a planet, however the transportation of corpses for long periods of time - even in sealed containers - isn't likely to be clever.

Dec 28, 16 / Cap 27, 00 20:05 UTC

Im with EyeR on this one. Recycling ideally, but incineration more than likely. Not sure how many cultures require their dead to be buried, but if that is an absolute must, that would be a conversation between embassies and host nations.

Dec 28, 16 / Cap 27, 00 20:54 UTC

Paying more attention - Why is this under military/security, again?

Dec 28, 16 / Cap 27, 00 21:29 UTC

We could also bury them at sea, i.e. jettisoning them in a body bag into space if we're out in the middle of nowhere. Alternatively, if certain individuals were born on a particular asteroid or planet, they could be buried on said terrestrial body. Ritualize both of them, both burial at sea and on a planet (Most likely Mars for starters), as to avoid people thinking we're too utilitarian to be human.

Dec 29, 16 / Cap 28, 00 12:31 UTC

Preferably as much of the body as possible is donated for medical/research purposes, and the rest recycled. It's a resource, the best thing is if it actually can be of use.

It's much more beautiful to be able to actually help Asgardia one last time, instead of being a rotting corpse in the ground or a plie of ashes...

But if someone really cares that deeply about not doing that, incarnation is probably the second best...

Transporting corpses back to earth will probably be possible, but really, for a scientific comunity, this seems like an odd thing to do. It's just wasting both the body and cargospace...

Dec 29, 16 / Cap 28, 00 12:41 UTC

A bodybag into space is seriously unwise. Makes more sense to clear up debris, not add to it.

There's a lot of space, but there's also a lot of time too. It's only a matter of time before it becomes a problem. Least of all the collisons with frozen corpses. With throwing it into the nearest star it's at least disposed of.

Jan 2, 17 / Aqu 02, 01 11:01 UTC

I'd say start with medic/research purposes and recycling. Don't even waste a toe. And see were it goes too. Can't go wrong me guess...

Jan 12, 17 / Aqu 12, 01 14:42 UTC

First of all for now it shouldn't make any problems for we live in our current countries and what will happen to an Asgardian when he dies is the same what will happen to other citizens of the country he died at.

But, lets say, if we get our own territory on earth, what will happen then? Well, if the territory is small, then we can't allow to bury it. Yeah, one man doesn't take to much space, but 10? 100? 1000? Time goes, people die, graveyards grow, but our territory won't. So we will have to do either:

1) As people already said - donate the bode. If something is left or can't be used - then go to option 2.

2) Burn or send the body to the native country he/she came from. - We're a nation build of people who came from all around the world. We have different religions, beliefs and traditions. For some, giving the body for science/medicine/recycle may be wrong. I don't blame them, but they will have to accept the fact that there is not much to do , so this option is for them. Not only that some may not accept it as because of their traditions, beliefs, etc., but people can die of sickness and then the first option isn't that good of an idea if the sickness may be contegeous.

In case we get our space station - in like 100-200 years, then there's another option - send it drafting in to space. But personally I think it's a bad idea, because on a space station every resource is important and need to be used to 100%.

Jan 14, 17 / Aqu 14, 01 03:56 UTC

Indeed, right now Asgardians are the responsibility of the host country.

But the title was "in Asgardia"... Territory on Earth? I don't quite think so.. Where? Antartica is a no go zone, that'll start a war with all major nations of Earth. Can you really see any of them donating the second most valuable commodity they have - land? Other options would to be build a floating habitat - this could feasibly open up burial at sea and viking style boat pyre - and having an island built. This last option would be redicoulously expensive, and I wouldn't consider that until we're mining 200KM wide asteroids.

We came from around the world - but what about two or three generations in? can't be expecting Earth to be dealing with that... Giving our dead to Earth is likely to not be a general option. In the case of a space station - which I think I can get on in under 100 years - then drafting into space just creates a debris problem, and it doesn't matter how thick the radiation shields are in the outer hull a frozen corpse at 1800m/s has enough kinetic energy to be considered a hazard. That's why it's a bad idea... The waste is just a waste.

Jan 14, 17 / Aqu 14, 01 13:21 UTC

You can send the body's in United states, they have such a holding for bodys then freezing, if anyone of asgadia citizens want this or we can make our systems for this situation (like star trek into darkness, they freezing khan body) or you can burried them, again pay attention, if any asgardian citizens want (like avatar movie,they burned jake sullys twin brother) I mean it can be voluntary for any asgardia citizens, you can made a another certification (death certificate) for asgardia citizens and asgardians can sign this paper before any of us death. Of course this is just a theory. God bless you'll asgardian citizens...fatemeh.

Last edited by:  Fatemeh Ghodrati (Asgardian, Candidate)  on Jan 14, 17 / Aqu 14, 01 21:25 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jan 15, 17 / Aqu 15, 01 04:49 UTC

We can send them to the United States?

I didn't realise you was authorised to to accept an entire nations dead on behalf of another nation - that was remarkably good of you to offer that. What of the people who wouldn't want to be sent to the United States, though? What about when we're not all in this solar system anymore? seems a long way to transport a body. Might start getting cramped over there, after a while.

Deaths are likely to be certified by a qualified professional, as is the convention in most Earth nations. I don't see how signing this before your death is able to solve an particular problem, and is likely to cause an administration nightmare.

Jan 18, 17 / Aqu 18, 01 19:17 UTC

I agree with recycled body. Multiple ways to draw from the energies and resources.

Jan 24, 17 / Aqu 24, 01 12:04 UTC

What about potential use as fertilizer? After all, when organic materials (Dogs, birds, insects, etc.) die they return to the Earth as food for plants and other living things. When somebody dies they can opt to be used as fertilizer for the trees to sustain them and in turn give back to their community.