Feb 23, 17 / Pis 26, 01 01:07 UTC

Asgardia and Dating?  

Not sure if anyone has asked about this but, is there anything about members and dating? Wouldn't it be nice if someone else from the same country and state or region were close by that was also an Asgardian? Would be nice to meet or date someone whom is an Asgardian with the same views. Its hard to actually find that today given the population is spread out and not too many people are aware of Asgardia but, its more about same points of views and like-minded connection.

Feb 23, 17 / Pis 26, 01 01:42 UTC

Asgardia isn't explicitly about dating. I am not aware of any initatives to roll out functionality to par features with the average dating site.

I'm not aware of anything that suggests use for this is forbidden(https://asgardia.space/en/forum/forum/forum-announcements-10/topic/asgardiaspace-posting-rules-82/), but personally think there's better uses for such toys. It is most likely that unwanted/unwarrented "advances" would be met with general disfavour from the mod/admin staff with view of protecting the larger userbase. Certainly, the lesser it is attemtped to be used for such a purpose the more effective it will be for any other given purpose by nature of the associated headaches this will bring.

These features may exist one day, but it's incredibly early in inception to attributing resources to that which otherwise exists in almost countless formats. Especially due to the fragemented nature you highlight, it's unfeasible to be tangibly useful for most for some time.

Feb 23, 17 / Pis 26, 01 11:03 UTC

This is not a dating website. If you are looking for warm bed at night you need to take this topic to a more appropriate website.

Feb 23, 17 / Pis 26, 01 13:34 UTC

This is not a dating website. If you are looking for warm bed at night you need to take this topic to a more appropriate website.

Be kinder. Really.

The OP was asking about finding something in common with someone else. This is an attempt at establishing a real relationship, regardless of the physicality or sexual nature of that relationship. All human being seek others with whom they have something in common. It is our basic, tribal nature. The OP simply wishes to find someone else of Asgardia, as they identify most strongly with the Asgardian tribe. Thus, their desire to meet others of the 'tribe'. This is both normal and natural.

Given this is the Off-Topic section, I believe her (presumption as the name is SarahFromFlorida) post was completely and appropriately placed in the correct way, and was worded in such a was as to be as inoffensive as it was reasonable to be.

So, for what it is worth, I do not see where having a single thread dedicated to 'dating within Asgardia' will harm anyone else on these forums. If you aren't fishing for dates, just don't open the link to the thread; simple as that. For my part, I just witnessed a rather too-harsh reply to a simple request and could not help but comment on the fairness of all sides involved.

Taking my own example, I do not expect to be posting in here again myself as I am pretty sure my wife would become most upset with me. :)

Feb 23, 17 / Pis 26, 01 18:44 UTC

Long term, this is a good idea. Single people who ultimately move to Asgardia are probably going to want to marry single people who have moved to Asgardia.

Shorter term, it's too expensive for too little return. Someone would have to volunteer to make and run it and there isn't really a compelling reason for Dr. A and his team to endorse it. There are also viability issues with so few people spread across so many countries.

Feb 26, 17 / Ari 01, 01 01:58 UTC

It's not compulsory - or at least this was my interpretation.

Feb 26, 17 / Ari 01, 01 02:21 UTC

If it were a thing I would go Vulcan. Sorry humans.

Feb 26, 17 / Ari 01, 01 04:08 UTC

Well... Good luck with that.

Mar 5, 17 / Ari 08, 01 15:53 UTC

goodluck

Mar 21, 17 / Ari 24, 01 09:41 UTC

To be honest, I am also excited by this prospect. The philosophies where the existence of this nation revolves upon makes it conducive for dating and forming happy relationships. Of course, as a nation in the future, we need it too. LOL. But, on the other hand, I still find it (talking about dating) too early. Let's be a nation first. And ensure that the paragons of freedom and free thinking flourish for the next few centuries. Then, we can start to date. :)

Mar 21, 17 / Ari 24, 01 12:19 UTC

I don't think there should be any issues with "dating" - but I don't think there should be provision of "official" facilities for. It's not something a nation should really be involved in, it just happens.

Updated  on Mar 21, 17 / Ari 24, 01 12:19 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: typo

Mar 22, 17 / Ari 25, 01 12:59 UTC

It would be nice, sure, but being an Asgardian doesn't really implies that two persons have much else in common.

Mar 22, 17 / Ari 25, 01 15:40 UTC

It would be nice, sure, but being an Asgardian doesn't really implies that two persons have much else in common.

Preach it, baby!

Seriously, though, the only personality traits I have noticed predominantly from those who participate in these forums are the following:
Anarchists
Idealists
Frustrated
Lonely
Anti-establishment

Not everyone has all these traits, and there are those who have none, but these seem to be the most dominant.

Mar 28, 17 / Tau 03, 01 14:35 UTC

Harsh but true, @Phicksur. ;-)))))

@OP: I would like to, but I'm too far. ;-)

Mar 29, 17 / Tau 04, 01 11:16 UTC

Off-topic: How does one produce the quote blocks I see in some of these posts?

Nevermind: I found it... https://asgardia.space/en/forum/forum/welcome-127/topic/formatting-guide-56/

Last edited by:  Richie Bartlett (Asgardian)  on Mar 29, 17 / Tau 04, 01 11:19 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time