Jun 24, 17 / Leo 07, 01 12:04 UTC

Active population numbers  

There doesn't appear to be a high enough active citizenry to make the petition board useful. We have 245568 registered Asgardians and 54148 who have ratified the constitution at the time of writing. I've looked at the current petitions and seen that the most popular is Lorditerator's petition to declare the vote null. It has 55 votes since Asgard 1, 0001 / June 18, 2017. Someone might say that perhaps despite all the noise on these forums about the voting system and the constitution, maybe the bulk of Asgardians don't share these concerns? I would then point out that the Space Bee Movie petition, a popular and less potentially divisive concern that should have plenty of adherents amongst the population, has only 21 since Asgard 4, 0001 / June 21, 2017? Same with the New Homeworld petition. I'd argue that these numbers reflect nothing more than the population of authors in these forums.

There is displayed here a rather surprising lack of political engagement for a people who are trying to start a new nation state. There should be a concerted effort by the provisional government to reach out to all registered Asgardians to look at the petition board and engage more actively. Think I'll start a petition.   

Jun 24, 17 / Leo 07, 01 15:08 UTC

I would guess the bulk of the population has never looked at the forum or petition pages. Many have most likely not been back to the website since downloading their certificate.

Votes for the constitution have been climbing at roughly the same rate as the pop increase.

Most of the pop are probably not even aware there are petitions.

Jun 24, 17 / Leo 07, 01 17:41 UTC

Add that even Petition system was terribly flawed when deployed so, if one looked at it, just gone away without caring it more.
The "big noise" you read in the forum, @Richard Howell, is mainly done by less than 20 persons at all (you're reading one of them, maybe the most noisy and annoying one ;-)))). Lacking any search or even statistical feature I can't know for sure how much persons are really active, in the forum, but my best guess is less than 200.

Counting 10 "lurkers" for each active member, we can say that "2.000 persons may be aware of what's going on". As @NismoN12 pointed out: the voting people is following the signing ones, 'cause the very first thing they see, after opening the main page is "VOTE VOTE VOTE" and, getting into it, they can only see the "ACCEPT" button so they "just click" (as @LoreZyra pointed out many times: it's an EULA, that's why they click).

That said, I'll support each and every petition you'll do, to pull the numbers out of the site/forum, as I also think it's important to know them.

Last edited by:  Luca Coianiz (Asgardian)  on Jun 24, 17 / Leo 07, 01 17:43 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: last sentence

Jun 24, 17 / Leo 07, 01 17:49 UTC

Awesome. I've started a petition - just waiting for the admins to pass it.

Jun 24, 17 / Leo 07, 01 18:37 UTC

The administration needs to campaign more for citizens to use the forums here more instead of all the Facebook and Twitter offshoots.

I thought asgardia.space was supposed to be our official home.

Perhaps they can't properly handle the web traffic yet. Idk. But more promotion of the foums and petition sections is needed imo.

Jun 24, 17 / Leo 07, 01 21:05 UTC

Well, the moderators rejected my petition. I have no idea why that could be. It seems reasonable, and I've been polite and calm etc. Mods?

Jun 24, 17 / Leo 07, 01 22:25 UTC

They can reject a petitions formation? 

Jun 24, 17 / Leo 07, 01 22:32 UTC

Did you follow their guidelines here https://asgardia.space/en/blog/asgardia/7163-effective-petitioning/

Jun 25, 17 / Leo 08, 01 13:14 UTC

@NismoN12
Don't forget you're not into a democracy but into a kingdom. ;-)

Jun 25, 17 / Leo 08, 01 13:42 UTC

I have officially requested from the support email the answer to two questions:

How was the decision made to require 1000 affirmative petitions to be considered actionable?

and 

What is the current weekly traffic of unique individuals on the forums?

It is my belief that we do not have the necessary weekly traffic to ever hit 1000 signatures, and that the number was chosen arbitrarily as a high bar to limit the number of petitions the owners of Asgardia would need to turn down. It is the illusion of self-determination that is being used to to pacify the population.

But, hey, I asked two days ago and still await an answer. Maybe I'm wrong.

UBA

Jun 25, 17 / Leo 08, 01 13:56 UTC

So, Jason, if the moderators have no way to reject a petition, who did it?
Was Richard's petition effectively "rejected" or is this just a delay?
And, assuming (I may be wrong) it was rejected, was it done without a comment which permits him to know why?

Simple questions, as you can see (and in english, as I refuse to use italian, here ;-)).
But... wow... I'm noticing I'm everytime in your thoughts... maybe we should marry. :-D

Jun 25, 17 / Leo 08, 01 15:16 UTC

Yeah still lots asgardian is not aware of the forum & how to use the forum still lots are them depending on facebook only we need find a way on which everyone will get aware of the forum.....

regards

kashif shaikh

Jun 26, 17 / Leo 09, 01 12:11 UTC

OK, so I've re-worked it. Stuck to the rules as far as I can see - but would appreciate some feedback, just in case it bounces again...

Promote Active Citizenship in Asgardia!

There are 249103 registered Asgardians as of Asgard 9, 0001 / June 26, 2017
with 56971 citizens having ratified the constitution.
The most popular petition so far, "Looking for alternative homeland" has 93 backers.

There should be :

More e-mail contact with registered citizens.
An investigation into the possibility of snail mail publications.
Social and state media campaigns to raise political consciousness.

This petition is to be submitted to the Ministry of Information and Communication, which should seek to further promote
political engagement amongst the citizens of Asgardia, in order to strengthen the national democratic
process and culture in Asgardia. 

Jun 26, 17 / Leo 09, 01 12:20 UTC

@Jason Rainbow
Sorry me but, before to post here, I searched into Petitions  (my bad?) and not into the petitions' branch of the forum (as we are already into it), so I didn't notice the answer.
Adding a link to your answer may help, thanks in advance.

_EDIT_

LOL... I found the answer into a completely different thread, and it was... funny:

@RebekahBerg
(...) Your petition was rejected due to invalid profile picture and incomplete information included on the petition.

I wonder how Rebekah (or any other) can be sure that a picture in a profile is the "real" one of anyone, into Asgardia, having no official documents at all.
About "(others) incomplete informations" it's just opened to immagination.

Last edited by:  Luca Coianiz (Asgardian)  on Jun 26, 17 / Leo 09, 01 12:30 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: 2nd paragraph

Jun 26, 17 / Leo 09, 01 12:35 UTC

In my opinion the reasons because user are not active are:

1) English language. Probably a lot of people can read english and less can write. I can write in english even if I'm Italian but sometimes is not easy to write about souch difficult arguments as Constitution, law, religion or other. For me is a good training to improve my english but it requires a lot of time

2) Some topics have a lot of answer and It's not easy to read all and start to post.

3) I don't have knowledge to answer to some topic and, as me, other people has same porblem.

4) People don't know existence of this forum. It's only the 11th menu item in Space Nation Menu. Probably it should be more visible as Map, Finance etc. 

5) Follow and partecipate require a lot of time and someone can not have

6) People register than forgot even the existence of Asgardia. (worst case)

P.S: sorry for any grammatical or syntactic errors