Dec 28, 16 / Cap 27, 00 00:04 UTC

Re: Train body and mind  

Hi Guys,

I Hope you are all well in health.

My idea for how to train body and mind could be done through simulations through VR, im not sure if it's a good idea or not, but I'm interested to see other people's points of view on this idea to know if it's a viable one or not for everyone.

With Regards,

Shaun Mills.

Dec 28, 16 / Cap 27, 00 13:09 UTC

Well, Salzinni has a point. In my opinion we need to train body and mind, of course, but as Salzinni said you can't force people. We need to encourage them to do it, we need to show that is good for everyone and that it is a must for the life in Asgardia (we will live at space after all). We all know that to be fit isn't very difficult we only some guidelines and perseverance. We all know that to be fit isn't very difficult we only need some guidelines and perseverance. Creating spaces where people could train and where we could encourage people to do it and to teach them how to it is a very good idea.

"Mens sana in corpore sano" guys ^^

Dec 28, 16 / Cap 27, 00 16:52 UTC

Amen to that.

I think that the real magic happens when you turn "exercise program" into "a space for self expression", it then becomes culture and not a requirement. I would like to find a Yogi in this forum to have her/his ideas. The world has evolved, we have evolved, I believe we can evolve requirements and obligations into culture and expand our creativity (and yeah, it applies to fitness too). You know... I learn, you learn, we share.

So... back to the original topic, I think that instead of creating a required exercise program we can require people to "be and express themselves" (in a constructive way, that is).

I dream about setting or finding a group of people with different disciplines (in this case we're talking about fitness, but it applies to anything, really) united with the idea of learning to connect with ourselves. A space where we can say "hey, I want to learn how to run as fast as a sprinter, do a handstand like a gymnast, dance like a bboy, medidate like a monk, stretch like a yogi" and in response this group could say "got it, here, let me introduce you to this guy, he will teach you or you will learn together, whatever comes first".

Cheers

Jan 9, 17 / Aqu 09, 01 09:06 UTC

Swimming and chess.

Jan 10, 17 / Aqu 10, 01 16:18 UTC

Interesting thought. Especially as we aspire to get to space sometimes: no gravity and no excercise = no life.

On the other hand, I simply don't have time for that (apart from playing with my kids).

To conclude, I don't think this is topic of philosophy.

Jan 10, 17 / Aqu 10, 01 18:21 UTC

I second Salzinni. Encourage, do not require. As an exercise physiologist graduate of a university, I have no intentions of creating a population of mandatory super, perfect humans who are 100% sound in reason, logic and body. Error, risk, imperfection come with curiosity and are by experience how we learn. I agree a solid mind and body depend on this, but not all have the prerequisites for training. Being said, there should be a standard we all should live by. But your individual expressions(trainings, disciplines, practices) that are your strengths should be diverse in selection. I do agree with all points being determined. I think it might be important to first determine our disposition: explorers?

Last edited by:  Cory Haralson (Asgardian)  on Jan 10, 17 / Aqu 10, 01 18:21 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jan 16, 17 / Aqu 16, 01 09:15 UTC

you got the idea . Body and mind separate from unity of human for a long time so that we even forgot we are man not body neither mind. there just one thing but two face. And modern forget the only thing and obviously lost two faces ,that why ancient Greeks or orther great civilization is better than us .It is right path making our body and mind greater to make us major. The question is which approching is better. I dont believe yoga or some sport will make our body strength .The strength of ancient Greek .Rome or Chinese did not come from the favor of people to sport but courage and honor in the fierce battle make them stronger. Pericles like man serve his city in battle than sportment. More vigorous struggling man conquer , the greater man is . Weaker fight ,the smaller man . Rigidity body form a rigidty man have no pain and the mind is no suffering. And I think there are more face to major man not only body and mind and these conflict face is only one thing . By the way , a man with strong body must have srong mind, same with excellent mind must have strong body.I mean the great destiny. Real qusetion is to creating human , which human is better and what is that man . Revelation to Ancient Geerks should be helpful to defeat the ancient greeks.

Jan 19, 17 / Aqu 19, 01 06:03 UTC

Dear asgardians sir' A man is trying to make his body strong and mind sharp but not possible even today.For it asgardians should try to know the main causes responsible for it. I suggest to asgardians a short formula,"Early to rise and Early to bed" and physical exercises for body strong .Meditation process is also necessary to mental fitness under any spiritual scientist or under guidelines of yoga teacher.Thanks

WE can get also guidance of any neuro seurgion.

Jan 28, 17 / Pis 00, 01 06:10 UTC

The traditional Chinese Spring Festival of 2017, Happy New Year of Asgardians. Best Wishes!

Thomas LI

Jan 29, 17 / Pis 01, 01 10:21 UTC

Respected sir, Chinese happy new year for our asgardians and all.thanks.

Jan 31, 17 / Pis 03, 01 09:57 UTC

Respected asgardians sir, According to my thinking,Swímming' is the best excercise for physical fitness.I myself swim into rivers and tanks so i feel good when i swim . For mind fressness we should enjoy mental games like chess etc.P'ranayam'and Meditation'are the best process for mental fitness.I felt it practically in my life.thanks.