Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 07:14 UTC

What about state budget?  

Even a little village has own budget for financing local infrastructure projects. What about ASGARDIA's state budget? Laws and decrees on state budget? How does national currency look?

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 11:59 UTC

A controversial topic, We hope it will be good

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 12:25 UTC

I will be majoring in Finance so I hope to see more development in this thread! Should be interesting.

Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 22:23 UTC

Ещё политический строй с законами не придумали, о бюджете рано наверно.

More political system with the laws did not come up, the budget must sooner.

Admin Edit: The above translation is provided by Google Translator. Please remember to use English when posting. Using an online translator as a temporary solution is perfectly acceptable. Thank you! - Alex Fiume, 22/12/2016

Last edited by:  Alessandro Fiume (Asgardian)  on Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 22:27 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 23:43 UTC

I think points/credits is the way to go, certainly shouldn't be physical currency. Budgets are all well and good for an established society, however in a startup situation you have to invest heavily in infrastructure and there are always over-runs which make a budget worthless - you can't simply stop because you hit the budget. Once established, you can better estimate (and therefore budget) costs required to maintain everything and upgrades can be budgeted based on past experience.

Dec 23, 16 / Cap 22, 00 15:17 UTC

i think we could do something like startup from the games?

like they open a place for "donations" (in the beginning of course) and we make the "donations " for the inicial budget,the ideia is crude but is something that can work (well theres games that have failed in the beginning but they received donations of up to 500.000 to 1 million)

Dec 25, 16 / Cap 24, 00 17:12 UTC

I know this is more in the distant future, but they say automation will cause unemployment. Will Asgardia have Learning Programs and Universal Basic Income to compensate?

Dec 26, 16 / Cap 25, 00 02:41 UTC

I suggest that we start with a small crown-owned e-commerce operation with t-shirts, hoodies, mugs, phone and laptop covers, and other easy to carry items. When the business starts making a profit, then the Ministry of Finance will have an official budget to work with.

Dec 26, 16 / Cap 25, 00 12:26 UTC

I saw the film "Passengers". Only 5000 passengers were at stake, only 5000 passengers were able to use the service of intergalactic vessel - to have a new life on the new planet. Asgardians are more than 500 000. Taking into the account the time of flight (more than 100 years) who will be luckiest men from us?))) We spoke concerning the state budget of Asgardia, how to create the profits. Can I offer to sell places in the first intergalactic vessel?)))

Dec 26, 16 / Cap 25, 00 16:17 UTC

was asgardia planned

Dec 28, 16 / Cap 27, 00 14:34 UTC

This is one of the hardest to get around, in my opinion. The UN could stump them with questions about taxation and welfare quite easily. I'm trusting the establishing government to know what it's doing though.

Dec 29, 16 / Cap 28, 00 03:10 UTC

Currency can be purely electronic and with limited circulation only within Asgardia.The outside should be a gateway/Converter. But in my opinion it is necessary initially to exclude the possibility of "money earn money".

Jan 14, 17 / Aqu 14, 01 02:05 UTC

In Dr. A's statement made on 12 Nov 2106 "Asgardia(s) budget for 2017 will be made public in December (2016)" This has failed to happen. I believe that it will never happen and that makes me distrust the "leadership" of this project. I mean how hard is it to publish a budget? The only reason I can see why one would do that is to hide something (like president-elect Trump)

Jan 17, 17 / Aqu 17, 01 17:11 UTC

As this post is about the sate budget, I wonder why many of the posts talk about the currency or even non financial topics. That said I hope to see the budget soon, as funds a important to maintaining a nation.

Jan 18, 17 / Aqu 18, 01 09:35 UTC

Hi guys,
I've copied this directly from the Facebook group just for those members that missed it:

[Lead Admin] Hello! I touched base with Asgardia Official and was given some information about this. Due to a mistranslation, Dr. Ashurbeyli actually meant at the end of the fiscal year which ends in February. So, in my opinion, it should be published either by the end of February or March. As soon as we have a firm date, we will certainly pass along that information. :) Hope this clears it up!
-Rebekah Berg - 14 January at 17:48

I hope this helps going towards cleaning this issue up