Jan 3, 17 / Aqu 03, 01 16:59 UTC

Administrative affairs: STANDARDS  

May I suggest the following:

1. A4 is adopted by all Ministries as the standard size for paper
  2. That all ministries adopt SI units as the standard System of measurement
  3. That for purposes of approximation units of of 0.0254M, 0.4535Kg, 0.5682L shall be regarded as sufficient and that these approximate units shall be known colloquially as inches, pounds and pints.
  4. That Thursday to all be designated as the Holy Sabbath for the disciples of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and be accepted as a good day to stick-out your thumb and go Hitch-hiking.
  5. That BLUE be designated as the official bag colour for salt-and-vinegar flavoured crisps

Jan 8, 17 / Aqu 08, 01 12:14 UTC

I'll have to disagree on the suggestion for the use of imperial measurements. This is, IMHO, an outdated measurement system that fails to be as straightforward or exact as metric...

Asgardia is my hope for a society free of religious doctrine being forced upon us, even one as the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (though I thought Fridays were the religious days?)

Salt and Vinegar chip packets should clearly be pink and I find any assertion otherwise to be offensive! ;)

Jan 8, 17 / Aqu 08, 01 13:03 UTC

As a member of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, I can confirm that the holy day on which pasta is to be eaten and beer drank is Friday. R'amen.

Jan 8, 17 / Aqu 08, 01 16:35 UTC

In my country salt and vinegar crisps are in green bags.

Jan 12, 17 / Aqu 12, 01 15:46 UTC

I propose that we behave seriously, without mention of FSMs or crisps.

I agree with the use of SI.

I think we should discourage the use of non-SI units. Clothing, food, etc. should all be sold primarily in SI units. (However, we should not abridge the freedom to sell them in traditional units.) Exceptions to this rule can be made for those items with "deeply traditional units", for example, beer being sold by the pint. The "deeply traditional units" being established by the ministry or an appropriate delegate thereof for certain classes of goods. In all cases, let the SI equivalent be displayed. (It shall be sufficient to display it once, visibly, on any menu/etc. thus, in a menu listing several beverages and their price per pint, it is sufficient to list the SI value once at the bottom.)