Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 04:45 UTC

I can help with the Web Developments  

Hi,

I am a Senior PHP Back-End Web Developer, if you guys need extra work done!

Thank You.

[Mod Post] Thank you for your offer. I have moved this post to our Technology forum so that you can address them directly. from general

Last edited by:  Jewell Ledoux (Global Admin, Asgardian)  on Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 09:07 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Dec 23, 16 / Cap 22, 00 00:14 UTC

The work of web development is being done. We are in it. Maybe the people who are working on it today can set up a task force and delegate tasks. It would be a way to speed up work and gain speed. I have written many lines myself in PHP, JAVA, AJAX, JQUERY, etc. But I do not think I have the right qualifications for heavy work the size of a country. Good luck.

Dec 23, 16 / Cap 22, 00 21:10 UTC

Just to join in on this I wouldn't mind helping with web dev and general software engineering. I'll hang about and see if anything comes along. I'm guessing you would need at some point subsites for each of the ministries suggested as ideas develop and solidify.

Dec 24, 16 / Cap 23, 00 00:43 UTC

Do you have a git platform account ( Github, Bitbucket, Gitlabs, ... ) so people could inspect your abilities ?

Jan 10, 17 / Aqu 10, 01 17:37 UTC

Hi,

I am a Senior Java Back-End Developer, and broad development knowledge, including Apache, Linux, SQL databases ,AngularJS And HTML

I hope to do my best to help Asgardia.

Thank You.

Jan 11, 17 / Aqu 11, 01 02:50 UTC

IF they don't need help, why is it taking them so long? Seriously, over ½ the "features" being added have been considered "standard" since the mid ninties and plenty open source examples exist - assuming they didn't start with a full solution and are just assembling peices.

IF they don't need help, why is it they are able to make such rediculous mistakes? No real authentication, no thought placed into data security or authenticity, no thought placed into services or technologies utilised. I could understand these mistakes if it was the first time they'd actually used a computer...

A sensible "IT team" would realise more people can do more things, faster, and also be able to recognise where their skills are lacking(seemingly, everywhere) and that others may possess such, and leverage the oppertunity. The sum of the whole is greater than the total sum of it's parts.

Jan 11, 17 / Aqu 11, 01 04:03 UTC

I agree, i don't see the work of a (professional) Developer.

Jan 12, 17 / Aqu 12, 01 16:36 UTC

A couple of us have started working on a few database ideas. " The general information can start by getting basic personal data, (ie age, willingness to volunteer, physical limitations). Once the basic data is in, then each person can then go through a series of drop-down menus adding fields they have experience in, how long, and near the end of that section add specific text blocks for Asgardia to be able to run keyword searches through. The database should be able to allow others to add multiple skillsets, as well. There should be some kind of flag for people to check that, while having them enter their life skillsets, and knowledge base; that they will only be contacted if they choose to. Something that doesn't force them into a job their not wanting to commit to, but at least provide Asgardia with a knowledge reference point if we have a problem and are looking for people that may have a solution." Another Asgardian, (vveras), proposed that, "A supplementary registration form should be filled out for this DB to be built. We could use the basic ideas we discussed here as guidelines." What is everyone's feelings on this?

Jan 15, 17 / Aqu 15, 01 08:12 UTC

Hi, I'm Web Dev too and i would like to be able to help you someday. Here's my website: www.maximerichet.com The idea of adding skills and experiences is great. A bit like Linkedin? I think that having this informations could greatly speed up certain processes that call for bringing together many people.

BloodyMonkey (Belgium)

Last edited by:  Maxime Richet (Asgardian)  on Jan 15, 17 / Aqu 15, 01 08:19 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jan 30, 17 / Pis 02, 01 03:13 UTC

You are welcome! I suggest that Asgardia launches a special website for freelancing for the Asgardian citizens so that they will get their opportunity for the online working in the field of programming. I also appeal Asgardia to set up conferences, workshops and symposiums for the programmers.

Jan 30, 17 / Pis 02, 01 14:11 UTC

Such an initiative really doesn't require an independant website. We could just simply leverage the existing facilities to setup our own "workshops and symposiums". Experience suggests the least you rely on them the more successful, and more rapidly approriated solutions occur. Quite a lot would fit in the existing forum structure. Might be "better" if get some mod/admin to open up a specific subsection for somewhere. Possibly MoS » Technology would be deemed suitable. Or maybe in MoYaE » Education. This ideally wants doing for a wider range of topics than "programming" - although this one will enable us to build for everything else.

I've heard rumours we're supposed to be getting "collaborational tools" which would be massively beneficial to such an initative - I also put in a feature request for a wiki, not overly sure how eager that is to be adopted but it'd also serve well this purpose. I'd also suggested a sensible comms protocol be deloyed - like XMPP - which should provide for everything else absent to make what you'd suggested realistically achievable. Even more so if these services was to be tightly integrated. I can't recall if I'd specifically requested git, I'm sure I should of, but that'd be handy too.

Until the existence of such however I would suggest opening a post in the feedback section specifically requesting somewhere to place this - as previously suggested, this could tidily nest in an existing subsection - it might be beneficial to include a loose structure you'd expect to see inside the subsection. I'd personally envision this at least subsectioned further by language.

As to a bit like linkedin - sort of, but less invasive. Less easy to be utilised to bolster OSint and definitely not associated with any of the data collection/utilisation practices engaged in by microsoft as they desperately claw at more personal data in an effort to gain ground on companies like google and facebook.