Jan 12, 17 / Aqu 12, 01 23:38 UTC

Re: Address from the Founding Father - January 12, 2017  

I like the motto very much, and I also find the greeting gesture quite elegant. I hope to see soon another video with more news.

One humanity, one unity.

Jan 13, 17 / Aqu 13, 01 11:46 UTC

Thank you Dr. Ashurbeyli,

Thank you Asgardia and my friens,

good luck

Jan 13, 17 / Aqu 13, 01 12:31 UTC

It as what as missing: Or Funding Father giving a speech to us.

Jan 13, 17 / Aqu 13, 01 13:24 UTC

我们国家不让双重国籍怎么办?

Jan 13, 17 / Aqu 13, 01 18:34 UTC

cool perfekt Message

Jan 13, 17 / Aqu 13, 01 23:23 UTC

Thank you Dr Ashurbeyli for that video speech. Quite like the motto one humanity , one unity.

Regards

Fpitts

Last edited by:  Francis Pitts (Asgardian)  on Jan 13, 17 / Aqu 13, 01 23:23 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jan 13, 17 / Aqu 13, 01 23:26 UTC

The motto is great in English but if I translate to Hungarian, that sounds very strange.

"Egy emberiség, egy egység"

Jan 14, 17 / Aqu 14, 01 03:14 UTC

One humanity, one unity!

Jan 14, 17 / Aqu 14, 01 11:57 UTC

Seems, the motto doesn't translate well into most languages, it's odd in German too. As for the videos content itself: Yes he is a likable man, and the symbolism in his office is nice, his words sound nice, and I even do like the motto (not sure if the calendar thing proposes a change away from the gregorian calendar or only marks a national holiday) But overall, he is a politician, making a lot of nice words to say nothing. Yes he does point out some (quite vague) tasks, but there is no real schedule, nor does he tell us what he has done yet, or is planning to do over the year. I am a little bit disappointed.

Jan 14, 17 / Aqu 14, 01 15:34 UTC

I'm agree with SirMcTod about the speech. It was short and nothing important was said only some general things. So we are still just a web community that only talks about space and what technologies we need there, we have no schedule that we can use to organize ourselves around some issue or problem, we can't do almost anything (we delegate our voices to Founding Father) and that's very sad.

I'm only hope that situation will change soon.

Jan 14, 17 / Aqu 14, 01 17:08 UTC

In response to people saying the motto doesn't translate well into their languages, allow me to propose an alternative translation, at least for French: Pour humanité, pour unité (in English: for humanity, for unity). It's basically the same sentiment, but it works better from a semantic viewpoint.

Jan 14, 17 / Aqu 14, 01 17:45 UTC

In Hungarian that is also strange.

What about this one in your languages?

"The humanity in unity."

Jan 14, 17 / Aqu 14, 01 18:24 UTC

Did You Watch Igor Ashurbeyli Announces New Asgardian Calendar in Asgardia.space site:

I'm Proud to be with you all Asgardians, I'm Proud to be an Asgardian,

I'm so excited and looking forward to asgardia future, I'm so want to serve my new and our first space nation country, count on me every time, i hope this year asgardia have a place or building and bring us all asgardia together, if we are a nation now we have a lot work to do and hard route front of us, let's build a nation for our future, let's get to work asgardians , God bless you Igor ashurbeyli and God bless you all Asgardians good people, With Love...Fatemeh.

Jan 14, 17 / Aqu 14, 01 18:26 UTC

Proudly present:

Asgardia Motto: One Humanity! One Unity!

Jan 14, 17 / Aqu 14, 01 22:42 UTC

for sure the best motto for our nation is One humanity, one unity!