Aug 28, 17 / Lib 16, 01 15:14 UTC

Re: ARTICLE - Asgardia Makes the Leap to 178th Population Size!  

@Elwe Thor, theajority of nations say that if you remain within there boarders after a 90 period you are a defacto resident.  So as you have.been posting since December 2016 I would say you are not a visitor at all. 

Aug 29, 17 / Lib 17, 01 12:53 UTC

@Buck Rogers
You should tell that "theajority" to my country's government... just be sure you can flee at max speed, after. ;-))))

Sep 4, 17 / Lib 23, 01 23:32 UTC

@Buck Rogers

First, can you list out those nations that don't have laws defining visitors staying within its borders longer than 90 days are considered residents? (BTW, Asgardia has no such law defined and cannot be assumed to include such...)

Second, can you define the difference between resident and citizen?

Nov 19, 17 / Sag 15, 01 22:16 UTC

Nope!

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2119rank.html

"Asgardia" is not a nation, and therefor does not have citizens.

You want to count "citizens" based on how many idiots signed up for a username on your website? Really? I doubt more than 200 are active. The hit rate on the forums is something like 1 an hour. *eyes rolling* I suppose FaceBook and Twitter should do the same thing too, right? Surely they should also be "Nations" if that's what you claim you are... By the way, in case you weren't paying attention, FaceBook has many satellites - what makes you special? Yeah... Nothing. <ROFL>

Nov 20, 17 / Sag 16, 01 16:44 UTC

Patrick McManus  for some reason I cant friend you and i'd like to do so. If this forum will let you find me will you send me  a friend request. Your challenging manner is a good thing to think against. I understand your point of the topic however there are ways around it I believe.

Nov 20, 17 / Sag 16, 01 16:52 UTC

"...there are ways around it I believe."

Nope. Anyway, trying to get around can get you in some pretty big trouble sometimes. Like this, for example:

Asgardia is in blatant violation of UN Treaty.

http://www.unoosa.org/oosa/en/ourwork/spacelaw/treaties/outerspacetreaty.html

Article II

"Outer   space, including the moon and  other celestial bodies, is not subject to national appropriation by claim of sovereignty, by means of use or occupation, or by any other  means."

On November 13, in  violation of international treaty, "Asgardia" decides to make the following ridiculous (and illegal) claim anyway!

https://asgardia.space/en/page/chronicles/Asgardia-1-Enters-Space-Establishing-the-Space-Nation-Sovereign-Territory

Asgardia-1 Enters Space, Establishing the Space Nation’s Sovereign Territory

Updated  on Nov 20, 17 / Sag 16, 01 17:05 UTC, Total number of edits: 2 times
Reason: big trouble

Nov 20, 17 / Sag 16, 01 23:55 UTC

@Patrick McManus Seriously, just because you say something doesn't make it true. Even if you are correct, you're not going to change people's minds by underlining words without explaining how they apply to the situation. Happy to debate this with you in your rather dull thread in General.

Nov 21, 17 / Sag 17, 01 00:03 UTC

"Even if you are correct"

Finally, we're getting somewhere. Yes, that's exactly right. I don't care to change opinion because I know that's impossible. Some of you have over a year of emotions invested in this, and questioning that is hard. You've taken your first step. Congratulations. :-)

Nov 21, 17 / Sag 17, 01 00:32 UTC

The word "citizen" is actually meaningless here since Asgardia is not a Country. I'm pretty sure that "netizen" is the word you're looking for.

Nov 21, 17 / Sag 17, 01 00:32 UTC

The word "citizen" is actually meaningless here since Asgardia is not a Country. I'm pretty sure that "netizen" is the word you're looking for.