Jan 20, 17 / Aqu 20, 01 20:15 UTC

Re: Decree N1 by The Asgardia Head of Nation  

The Hungarian translation is here:

https://asgardia.space/en/forum/forum/hungary-147/topic/nemzetunk-vezetojenek-elso-rendelete-decree-n1-2242/

Jan 21, 17 / Aqu 21, 01 05:06 UTC

I got and Printed all Important Document of our nations :) the Certificate, the Decree No 1 & the congratulate message to the president of united state of america Donald John Trump. WE HAVE THE BEST NATION EVER ;D

PEACE FROM ASGARDIA TO EARTH NATION!

THANK YOU ASGARDIA! & of course to our HEAD NATION OF ASGARDIA DR. IGOR ASHURBEYLI <3 Congratulation Sir :D

BEST REGARD
                                                                                                              REGINE ESPINA

Jan 21, 17 / Aqu 21, 01 09:39 UTC

"until Asgardia adopts a Constitution and elects its authorities."

Okay. But where's the guarantee that it will do so? Where's the deadline? This decree practically grants Ashurbeyli power indefinitely. It should be extended by, for example, "but only for a maximum length of 24 months". That way even if there's no constitution and authorities by that time, we'd have to elect a new head of nation. Or him again for another 2 years, the who is not important at this point, the important part is that it shouldn't be indefinite. If you grant powers but don't limit them or make them expire in time, you're advocating totalitarianism, not democracy.

Updated  on Jan 21, 17 / Aqu 21, 01 09:41 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jan 21, 17 / Aqu 21, 01 15:20 UTC

I'm losing faith in this. Besides there are no clear plans for the future we are also being kept in the dark.

Jan 21, 17 / Aqu 21, 01 15:25 UTC

Yes, maybe the decree is not clear in some point but I trust in him. We will have a Constitution and the elections will be held in this year.

Jan 21, 17 / Aqu 21, 01 17:48 UTC

@ marlon.dequio-alphaone try to avoid so fast decisions. I'm also don't like current situation, where we have no idea about how we achieve our goals, but also true that building a new nation is extremely difficult task (if you really try to do that). It took only 100 days from the beginning, so lets be patient and wait a little bit more.

Jan 21, 17 / Aqu 21, 01 20:47 UTC

Thank you @HMike, we are translating this and the letter to Trump to other languages. We'll take your translation to Hungarian.

If you want to collaborate as translator, please see https://asgardia.space/en/forum/forum/general-discussion-14/topic/calling-all-translators-450/

Kind regards

Jan 22, 17 / Aqu 22, 01 07:01 UTC

@Jorge M. Morando: Thank you!

I don't have enough time to translate every day and it is a serious problem if I'm the only Hungarian translator. On the Facebook there were more person who wanted to become an English-Hungarian translator, and a little team established. A lady wanted to be the leader of the Hungarian translator team, she said that she has experience in this. I don't have experience in this and I speak the language because I lived in the UK for a few years but my English is not the best. And I was very busy because my brother had cancer (he died in this month), so I said to this lady ok, please lead the team and help in the translations, later I will join to the translator team. And I see, nothing happened, nobody made translations before me.

Updated  on Jan 22, 17 / Aqu 22, 01 07:02 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jan 22, 17 / Aqu 22, 01 12:37 UTC

It's a healthy thing to be sceptical at this point, regarding our founding father's intentions and the development of the space nation. Scepticism shouldn't overspill into bad faith until we have actual reason to be worried.

Jan 23, 17 / Aqu 23, 01 04:33 UTC

Yes, don't lose the faith. We're creating something new and amazing that's going to take time and effort on everyone's part. This is a new nation. One that won't be limited by the bounds of this Earth. We will be stretching out reach way out there, and it's never been done before. "Rome wasn't built in a day", and neither will ours!.

Jan 23, 17 / Aqu 23, 01 07:53 UTC

Rome was not built in a day. And Julius Caesar didn't become a dictator in a day. But he still did despite a pre-existing republic. We don't even have that but we already have a Head of Nation whose powers are not defined or limited, that's virtually absolute, and his term is indefinite. "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."

Updated  on Jan 23, 17 / Aqu 23, 01 08:39 UTC, Total number of edits: 2 times
Reason: Spelling error

Jan 23, 17 / Aqu 23, 01 18:45 UTC

Vejo que muitos dos meus compatriotas possuem a mesma insegurança que eu. Mas acredito que o trabalho esta sendo bem feito, e devemos dar um credito aqueles que estão desenvolvendo esse maravilhoso projeto. Uma solução fácil, daqueles que lideram esse projeto, para demonstrar apreço a democracia , seria escolher um "Vice" ou um primeiro ministro, dentro da comunidade de irmãos Asgardianos. Fica aqui minha ideia.

I see that many of my compatriots have the same insecurity as I do. But I believe the work is being done well, and we must give credit to those who are developing this wonderful project. An easy solution, from those who lead this project, to show appreciation for democracy, would be to choose a "Vice" or prime minister within the community of Asgardian brothers. Here's my idea.

Jan 27, 17 / Aqu 27, 01 11:45 UTC

Okay. But where's the guarantee that it will do so? Where's the deadline?

June, I was thinking. Isn't that when the elections have been due for some time? Sure there's no guarentee, but have you been delivered any evidence to suggest it wouldn't take place? The proof, as they say, is in the pudding - and it's not that long to wait to eat it, really.

For selection of a prime, within early inception at least, I think it's "best" to select Dr Ashurabeyli - if for no other reason to ensure the foundations and general directions we proceed in align with his overall vision. If I get my way in June and we shift to direct democracy then it's pretty meaningless who has the figurehead position really, as we're all in charge.

Updated  on Jan 27, 17 / Aqu 27, 01 11:46 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: typo

Jan 27, 17 / Aqu 27, 01 14:26 UTC

But you can't have a working community based on vague promises and implications. Elections maybe held in June is a meaningless information. An official statement is needed that elections will be held to positions x, y, z, etc., starting on Xth June and ending on Yth June. Also a campaign should precede the elections.

As I said before, the problem is not the who, it's the how. There's no plan here, at least not one that we know of. Making up things as you go along is not necessarily a bad thing but it can be harmful if there are no boundaries of what can be done and there are no plans on what we want to achieve in the foreseeable future.

Jan 27, 17 / Aqu 27, 01 16:03 UTC

I am waiting the announcement about how the constitution of Asgardia will be adopted. In a previous announcement, it was referred the the first 100,000 asgardians who will confirm their registration will contribute in the constitution of Asgardia. I am surely one of the those 100,000 asgardians, but I have not received any notification about it and about how I will share in the constitution.