Jan 23, 17 / Aqu 23, 01 02:41 UTC

Re: Introductions  

Hi, I'm Ryan, 27, from Brisbane.

I work as product support for a software company.

I'm a member of the Transhumanist Party Australia, as well as a registered member of the Science Party Australia.

My interests include science, philosophy (particularly ethics, cosmopolitanism, transhumanism, epistemology & skepticism), videogames, reading, etc.

If you subscribe to the idea that the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator is a valid system of personality classification, INTP is an accurate description of the kind of person I am.

Feb 23, 17 / Pis 26, 01 15:35 UTC

Hi name's Jacob! I am 19 years old, I live in Toowoomba, Queensland. And I am currently a Part-time cook (hopeful Librarian soon fingers crossed!). I was drawn to the site by not just the idea of going into space, but by the idea itself! A nation governed by Science. Not Politics or religion, just, SCIENCE! The idea excites me to the bone. I hope to finally see Asgardia's construction one day!

Again hello, and I look forward to talking with all off you!

Last edited by:  Jacob Schmidt (Asgardian)  on Feb 23, 17 / Pis 26, 01 15:36 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Feb 27, 17 / Ari 02, 01 14:34 UTC

Hey there, I'm Tom from the Adelaide Hill's, SA.

I work as a lab rat at the winery I'm at, jack of trades kinda situation. I have a trade in baking and worked most of my life between the two. I grew up on a farm in a small country town.

I believe I'll bring a different perspective. 😉

Last edited by:  Tomas Wiese-Smith (Asgardian)  on Feb 27, 17 / Ari 02, 01 14:36 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jun 10, 17 / Can 21, 01 07:21 UTC

Hello everyone, I'm Noven, a network engineer turned IT consultant turned mechatronics student. Emerging from a few years building a sustainable property in ourback SA to bounce back into civilisation on the east coast.

I have always known space is essential for our evolution and have gradually been getting more and more cynical of our ability to get it right. Techno utopians who draft the foundational laws and enforce peace by having the only defence platform in a demilitarized protective shell around the home planet is the obvious team to join.

I could do with a chess opponent who appreciates the art of the game as much as the science.

Jun 10, 17 / Can 21, 01 22:34 UTC

Hi everyone,

My name is Tyrone and I currently reside in Brisbane. My speciality is Business Continuity Planning and Critical Incident Management, a skill set Asgardia can hopefully leverage. I have worked in Information Technology for over 14 years and have a strong interest in the field as a hobby as well.

I enjoy researching ancient history, modern history, philosophy, astronomy and sociology. 

Looking forward to share this journey with you all, my brethren and sistren.

Jun 15, 17 / Can 26, 01 12:05 UTC

Hi all I'm Rob from Adelaide SA.

It has always been my dream to explore the cosmos, I've often felt I was born too late to explore the Earth and too early to explore the stars, but perhaps not. I feel a little more hopeful now. I look forward to meeting some fellow Asgardians!

Jun 26, 18 / Leo 09, 02 10:07 UTC

People,

I was born in 1952 (do the calc yourself), started off as a BioMedical Researcher, then spent 30+ years in IT. I am a sometime, part time, mature age, PhD candidate with a thesis modelling threatened populations genetics.

I have been involved in progressive politics since I could walk and hand out leaflets.

I have been seriously involved in various Life Extension endeavours for more than 20 years (Cryonics, Neural Archives) and you can see more about my projects here:

http://philiprhoades.org

I lived all my life in Sydney till a few years ago when I moved to Cowra (Central West NSW) to get this project started (finally):

http://lev.com.au

I am looking forward to some interesting discussion here!

Regards,

Phil.

Aug 14, 18 / Lib 02, 02 02:54 UTC

Hi Everyone,

My name is Lisa and i'm 25, i live in Sydney NSW. I just finished a Cert III in Horticulture. 

I love the environment. My hobbies are Gardening, reading, weaving, and wool craft.

I can't wait to see where this country is going