Apr 11, 17 / Tau 17, 01 14:41 UTC

Intellectual property laws  

I do not know if this would be the best place, but...

In order to protect the intellectual property, I think it´s opportune to create an efficient law that allows, within the laws of Asgardia, registering an idea, service, invention, etc. Any idea?

**Mod Edit** Moving this post to the Constitution thread for further discussion and consideration. Zahira, 11/04/2017, 17:06

Last edited by:  Jewell Ledoux (Global Admin, Asgardian)  on Apr 11, 17 / Tau 17, 01 16:07 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: relocate

Apr 11, 17 / Tau 17, 01 16:01 UTC

This might be a great suggestion for the constitution.

Apr 12, 17 / Tau 18, 01 14:16 UTC

One of the important points to deal, is the public registry data regulation. For example, in the USA, in order to take legal action, as an American citizen, for theft or plagiarism, the intellectual property must be registered in public files. This means that anyone can access your data as well as the data recorded. Maintaining privacy, and at the same time, balancing it with the possibility of contact with potential interested persons, should be, in my opinion, a priority.

On the other hand, many countries have subscribed to international intellectual property rights. However, despite being included in these international treaties, sometimes there are problems of theft or plagiarism that justice takes too long to deal with it. An efficient and strong law could be helpful at this point.

This can also be applied to industrial property registration.

Last edited by:  Sarah Diaz Torres (Asgardian)  on Apr 12, 17 / Tau 18, 01 14:18 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Apr 12, 17 / Tau 18, 01 14:30 UTC

You are omitting trade secrets laws as a means of intellectual property protection.

MRH

Apr 20, 17 / Tau 26, 01 04:54 UTC

Intellectual Property's are not a matter for the constitution but for the governing body ,congerss ,senate or what every to set up a / patent/ copy right office ,which will insure that an individuals  Intellectual property will be protected so that people can make a living from what they invent or create .This is a private sector matter that needs protecting, not only from theft by other people or company's but also from illegal use by our's or other governments