May 26, 17 / Can 06, 01 08:12 UTC

Re: Discussion for the Constitution Table of Contents  

What about science and innovation? How come these do not get their own chapters? Shouldn't there be a basis for a scientific strategy and methodology built in right into the constitution of Asgardia?

In Article 36, we can change "Decision-Making and Implementation" to "Decision-Making and Reimplementation" - this change would accent the transitive nature of science as a collective effort of understanding the Universe and would imply that governance is modeled by insight. (As any model, it's expected to be succeeded by a better one)

In chapter V, I propose we add another entry "Innovation security" - this would cover Asgardian efforts to produce, disseminate and use scientific, methodologic and technological insight at a steady, sustainable and reliable pace. Understanding the pace of innovation is critical when exploring new basic research areas to invest into.

Also in chapter IV, I'd add "Meritocracy" - it's the paradigm we recognize in science, and as a scientific platform we will surely encounter problems where democratic and meritocratic principles clash. This should be mentioned in our Constitution. ( credit, where credit is due )

Sincerely,

FV

May 28, 17 / Can 08, 01 05:14 UTC

@RebekahBerg ,

Can we close this thread as it should not be used for further discussion on a topic already closed?

May 30, 17 / Can 10, 01 07:31 UTC

The draft constitution appears fine to me.

Jun 5, 17 / Can 16, 01 12:36 UTC

I suggest that we lower the age in which someone can be elected an official as well as put term limits on any elected position.