Tau 06, 01 / Mar 31, 17 10:43 UTC

Re: Discussion of the Declaration of Unity  

Guzlomi: I really love your rewrite of the document. I would sign that one, it's much easier to understand, clearifies points that were too vague, and leaves out details that were unnecessary. Thumbs up.

Tau 06, 01 / Mar 31, 17 10:44 UTC

Guzlomi: I really love your rewrite of the document. I would sign that one, it's much easier to understand, clearifies points that were too vague, and leaves out details that were unnecessary. Thumbs up.

Tau 06, 01 / Mar 31, 17 13:41 UTC

While I love what @Guzlomi has presented here:

My option:

"the main objectives of Asgardia are to: a) Develop a prosperous space nation. b) Ensure peaceful relationships in Space among all intelligent living forms. c) Ensure the protection of planet Earth and humankind from threats from Space d) Ensure equal opportunities in Space for all Asgardians living on Earth, without any discrimination of any kind".

I have an objection on Ensure the protection of planet Earth... I believe it is not only sufficient to state Ensure the protection of humankind from Space-born threats but we should not need to define the planet for which we become obligated to protect until infinity.

If we are founding Asgardia with the premise to become a space bound and ferrying nation, then we should not be shackled to the Planet of our roots. We should remove "planet Earth" from this declaration.

Last edited by:  Richie Bartlett (Asgardian)  on Tau 06, 01 / Mar 31, 17 13:44 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Tau 06, 01 / Mar 31, 17 16:40 UTC

I have concerns about point 12. If we don't remember where we came from we will lose sight of where we are going.

Tau 06, 01 / Mar 31, 17 18:43 UTC

To @LoreZyra:

Interesting vision of the future of Asgardia, but as I said before, it's not my document not my wording choice. It's what the original writter of the declaration wanted, and in this sense, I copy a part under CONCEPT of the webpage, that should clarify the interpertation of this clause:

"These are the three most important scientific and technological goals of Asgardia. First, is to ensure the peaceful use of space.

The second is to protect planet Earth from space threats. There are seven threats in our classification system: sun storms and flares, known as coronal mass ejections; changes in Earth's magnetosphere that destroy the effective protective layer of our planet; potentially dangerous asteroids and comets; man-made orbital debris; changes in the climate stemming from technogenic factors and sun radiation; cosmic radiation from nuclear reactions in novae, supernovae and pulsars; and the danger of Earth infection by microorganisms from meteors and other small celestial bodies.

The third goal is to create a demilitarized and free scientific base of knowledge in space. This will provide free access to all, especially those from developing countries who do not have space access now. And such access should be free and direct.

Of course, we can debate if protect Earth is one of Asgardian missions (and the reason to create this space nation) or if we should be free to pursue our own goals beyond the space, in other planets, systems and galaxies. But I think that this is too much optimistic as hundreds and thousands of years will be needed for this goals to be reality.

Maybe a step by step approach would be wiser. Lets center on protection of Earth and defend Peace in space so our descendants will have a real opportunity to exist and then pursue their own goals... ;)

Tau 06, 01 / Mar 31, 17 19:04 UTC

@LoreZyra, although I too agree with the necessity of not being chained to our heritage, we can't just avoid the word "Earth" out of spite - as if it's a swear word - at every chance we get. Replacing "Earth" with "humankind" makes it all-encompassing, but it wouldn't be a significant change, as virtually all of the humanity that we would wish to protect would be on the surface. Moreover, we should not get too ahead of ourselves as there is no practical way the Asgardian vessel could mitigate space based threats unless we have the ordnance to do so - and I don't see any way that's possible without bypassing the Outer Space Treaty.

I believe the more important thing would be to contemplate on whether or not Earth would reciprocate our feelings of wanting to protect it, and also whether they would be willing to help Asgardia when the need arises.

And yes, we are obliged to protect Earth for posterity. Space nation or not, we are still one collective species, perhaps the only one intelligent enough to ever exist. It would do well for us to keep it that way.

Tau 06, 01 / Mar 31, 17 19:07 UTC

@guzlomi all of your replies are well thought out and well researched. I read your version of the declaration and it's excellent. Good job friend.

Tau 06, 01 / Mar 31, 17 20:42 UTC

@bigred

Gotcha. I though you meant there were points that needed to be split withing the document itself. I just wanted to clarify. I agree with your assesment.

Tau 06, 01 / Mar 31, 17 21:49 UTC

Oh my God, no political parties!? I can't tell you how happy I am! Mother Earth may extend its roots through Asgardia <3

Tau 06, 01 / Mar 31, 17 21:59 UTC

^So long as we are talking about not political parties while still maintaining a democracy...

Tau 07, 01 / Apr 1, 17 00:18 UTC

Fellow Asgardians,

Don't miss the Constitution Discussion...I'm about to post a whole draft Constitution according to the Declaration of Unity and the Table of Contents suggested... ;) Many new things to debate... :)

Regards

Tau 07, 01 / Apr 1, 17 02:00 UTC

Hi,

My whole version of draft Constitution is now posted in Decree nr 5 forum. If anybody interested, please go there to debate that document too.

Regards

Tau 07, 01 / Apr 1, 17 13:37 UTC

Hi everyone,

In case you were unaware, there are forum formatting text available. Until the forum has a fully fleshed out Tiny Text Editor, you can follow the guildelines here: [Formatting Guide](https://asgardia.space/en/forum/forum/welcome-127/topic/formatting-guide-56/)

Tau 07, 01 / Apr 1, 17 13:48 UTC

By: UtkarshC99(Asgardian) on 31 March 2017, 7:04 p.m.

@LoreZyra, although I too agree with the necessity of not being chained to our heritage, we can't just avoid the word "Earth" out of spite - as if it's a swear word - at every chance we get. Replacing "Earth" with "humankind" makes it all-encompassing, but it wouldn't be a significant change, as virtually all of the humanity that we would wish to protect would be on the surface. Moreover, we should not get too ahead of ourselves as there is no practical way the Asgardian vessel could mitigate space based threats unless we have the ordnance to do so - and I don't see any way that's possible without bypassing the Outer Space Treaty.

I believe the more important thing would be to contemplate on whether or not Earth would reciprocate our feelings of wanting to protect it, and also whether they would be willing to help Asgardia when the need arises.

And yes, we are obliged to protect Earth for posterity. Space nation or not, we are still one collective species, perhaps the only one intelligent enough to ever exist. It would do well for us to keep it that way.

Hi UtkarshC99,

I would argue that while we can provide protection over Planet Earth, I don't see the necessity of it to be a full declaration (much less in a dedicated Constitutional Article)! It can be provided under Article 24: Security Services and Systems

I'm not saying that (like a teenager) we are to abandon our birth world. Rather, I'm stating for the Constitution to be held valid for generations (e.g. your grand-kids' grand-kids), it should not spell certain details out. Those can be later amended, but only if absolutely needed.

Tau 07, 01 / Apr 1, 17 15:16 UTC

Wow, it´s beautiful, but i just don´t understand the point 12. I think the Eath history is one of the most important things in the Asgardian history.

Last edited by:  Juan Rodriguez Linares (Asgardian)  on Tau 07, 01 / Apr 1, 17 15:17 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time