Dec 25, 16 / Cap 24, 00 17:33 UTC

Arcturian Industries: Asgardia's first business!  

I'm intending to start an actual Earth-based business called Arcturian Industries. We would be a crown corporation (if Igor consents to such a thing) of Asgardia, and our goal as a business would be to fund initiatives related to Asgardia's development, building and repairing whatever is needed. In 10 years, I hope to see Arcturian Industries become a multi million dollar company, funding more than half of all Asgardian community initiatives.

We could start on a very small-scale by selling Asgardia-related gear like t-shirts, hoodies, posters, mugs, computer pads, and other things of that nature. While we get up to speed with finances, employees would choose an industry--either construction, manufacturing, programming or electronics--and receive specific apprenticeship-based training. On graduation, they would be an official member of the company and their probation would be over. They would be eligible to pick up individual contracts, or to participate in large multi-person projects.

Over time, we could start doing larger-scale projects that are more reflective of what we would be doing in our spacecraft, like installing solar panels, developing a propulsion system, making some sort of mobile app, and wiring electric systems.

As our first big project, I propose that we look at developing Asgardian-brand electronics. Start with basic stuff, then move into things that are more complex.

The business would be organized by projects or contracts. Any Asgardian can open a contract with Arcturian Industries so long as they pay half of the costs of the project up-front. We would then work on that contract, and payment would be rendered when the project is complete to the customer's satisfaction.

On a broader scale, Arcturian Industries would serve two purposes. Firstly, it would give people a venue where they can learn skilled trades that are immediately applicable to jobs and careers on the ship. This helps to ensure an even mix of white collar and blue collar industry. Secondly, it provides motivation and encouragement for getting into the trades; people are directly contributing to Asgardia who would have never contributed before

We would "hire" anyone who wants to participate and who can demonstrate that they've passed high school and have a skill to contribute. No resume, no interview, no hiring process nonsense. If you would like to help, you are hired on and placed in the skill development program.

I don't have a huge amount of money to contribute to Arcturian Industries and I haven't registered the business name, but if there is wide-spread interest, I'll make a Kickstarter and we'll get this thing off the ground.

Dec 25, 16 / Cap 24, 00 17:42 UTC

well i think its a good way to start but we need the consent of Igor , its a good plan and it can make we spread the name of Asgardia , wait for the response of the Admin (since Igor is problably busy with everything and can not response the forum k)and if they consent we make a site to sell everything

Dec 26, 16 / Cap 25, 00 02:30 UTC

This sounds like a good start, but my opinion is, if we do set up this business as we advance, resume and interview is a must cause we need to know the skills of the people we employed and are they the best fit of the position, also prevent oversupply of employee in certaim fields.

And do we only accept asgardian or its a world wild recruit(people who are not asgardian) is also a problem.

Dec 26, 16 / Cap 25, 00 02:37 UTC

It would be for Asgardians only.

A resume and interview is fine, but I'd like to take in as many people as possible. Also, the name and the function are negotiable. We could always expand the operation, but then people would have to start volunteering their time. We're essentially working on a zero dollar budget at this point, so until we could bring in the capital to pay everybody a living wage, there wouldn't be any paychecks just yet.

Dec 26, 16 / Cap 25, 00 08:35 UTC

While I like the idea of a company to help fund Asgardia projects, I think it should be a state run company, and not a crowned private company. There would be too much risk involved.

I am willing to believe your good intentions but there would be too many ways to screw over Asgardia for personal gains.

All Asgardian licensed goods should be managed by the state, but companies that produce other goods should be capable of becomming crowned/official Asgardian companies. My suggestion, find some other Asgardians to help you out and create a business plan to get something going, there is a lot of knowledge available on this forum and I assume that others will be willing to support you if the goal is to be a crowned company.

Jan 24, 17 / Aqu 24, 01 03:12 UTC

This is a bad idea because it places too much power in private hands and that's one of the reasons why. The nations of Earth have so many problems too many private entities wield far too much power. Instead the founder should start multiple business and appoint qualified Asgardian citizens to run them. This way the government would be in control of them, but he will not have to shoulder the financial burden of getting the nation up and running on his own! Plus no private entities would have any unjust amount of power if any at all

Jan 24, 17 / Aqu 24, 01 03:45 UTC

Hi guys, this plan was already crafted and proposed by a group about two months ago. The plan was halted because Asgardia is not ready for such an undertaking. I assume Asgardia will announce when it is ready to begin taking business proposals. In the mean time, there is a lot of volunteer work that will be opening soon. Stay tuned to the News forum for additional updates.

If you wish to carry out your plan for Arcturian industries, I highly recommend you discuss future business relations with Asgardia before making any investments.

Feb 9, 17 / Pis 12, 01 11:55 UTC

I see this is a very interesting topic. Let give me more time to learn it what's all about