Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 23:50 UTC

Wolves in Sheeps clothing.  

Security must develop ways of preventing a breach. This is one of the most important subjects to discuss in my opinion.

Last edited by:  Jeffrey Jankowski (Asgardian)  on Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 23:51 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Dec 23, 16 / Cap 22, 00 03:42 UTC

A breach of what, precisely?

Dec 23, 16 / Cap 22, 00 03:50 UTC

Just to get a clear context of what you're advocating, are you referring to the possibility of wrongdoers infiltrating Asgardia through the immigration system?

Dec 23, 16 / Cap 22, 00 04:06 UTC

I personally interpreted it as people becoming Asgardian citizens in order to become wrongdoers....

But quite what the precise concern is, over say some random citizen commiting some random crime, I'm entirely unclear.

Dec 23, 16 / Cap 22, 00 18:16 UTC

My bad, I was hoping the topic would explain it all. People from all places on earth want to live on a safe space colony. If we allow anyone to live in our nation of Asgardia, we invite potential threats depending on the citizen and his or her political standings originating on earth. Example: Infectious diseases, sabatage, or worse.

Dec 24, 16 / Cap 23, 00 01:05 UTC

From my point of view, it's too early to compose immigration mechanisms. I think the first years of Asgardia as a nation would entirely based on dual citizenship which does not require any kind of immigration laws, possibility for political asylum or something like that. It would indeed make things more complicate and may turn asgardia foreign policy into an array of avoidable issues ( political and - in the worst case - probably physical and absolutely economical ).

Dec 24, 16 / Cap 23, 00 15:06 UTC

We can accept assylum seekers, without compromising ourselves of citizen safety and security -=- Just build isolated facilities for this purpose.

Updated  on Dec 24, 16 / Cap 23, 00 15:07 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: typo

Jan 24, 17 / Aqu 24, 01 11:13 UTC

Ann Griffith I don't think setting up cameras everywhere would be a great idea. People do need their privacy after all. I propose putting cameras in areas people would mostly frequent like gyms, game rooms, playgrounds, etc. Leave cameras out of the obvious places like changing rooms, bathrooms, dorm rooms, etc. Although if in the cameras it is observed an individual is particularly destructive to others around him/her then two highly trained security personnel will accompany this individual everywhere. The idea being that it is not ok to be destructive or detrimental to others in close proximity or otherwise to you. This punishment can be used or modified. I'm simply trying to find a way to make everyone safe without trampling on their freedoms and rights as a sovereign individual.

Jan 31, 17 / Pis 03, 01 06:28 UTC

In my opinion i dont think we will need to protect ourselves from this treat at all.

First i dont think that a everyday person would be able to just get on a ship and try and breech our station, it would be the goverments of earth and Asgardia deciding who would be able to get a visa or citizenship, so we have that advantage.

Also second Setting some kind of strict regulations on "immigrants" (who are also our earth brothers and sisters) will only set fear into the citizens of Asgardia, making our people think as if these people from earth have no right to live amoug us and who only take from Asgardia. Which i believe will never be the case, let us remember that Asgradia was founded on immigrants ( as is many great countries) who wanted to come and make this a great nation of there own, But the moment we tell ourselves and let our goverment tell us that certain kinds of people are not welcome, this is when we will forget this.

History has taught us many of times that when our goverments are in hard times from something they have done or cant control, the first they tend to blame are immigrants and minorities and we all believe them and let them take the attention off who is really to blame n who has really put us here, which is your goverment taking risk with it people, never the immigrants who once help build your economy. Hell it is still happening today, our goverments making us argue over simple immigration laws and dividing us, instead of us playing attention to bigger proplems, they blind us with this. I can bet if you live in a westernized country and searched what peoples biggest agenda on political topics, immigration will be at the top of the list of what people are most concerned about. Not global warning, not about what we should do to help the middle east or under developed countries, just people worried about more boat people and immigrants getting into there country and taking the jobs they dont usely really want to do or cant do ;). We even let them blame immigration from taking all the jobs and the fall of the economy when it was the banks n corporations at fault.

I understand their must be some kind of laws for immigration once Asgradia becomes a real space colony, i would just like to see that we remember how we started and to understand we welcome all kinds of walks of life to our peaceful nation and will for as long as we are a nation. I would really like to even see in our constitution a nice important paragraph about how we were founded on immigrants from all parts of human life on earth, and that we will never let our goverment or people into letting immigration fear us or deter us from the truth of our proplems or from moving forward as past goverments and people of earth have mistakenly done to many times in there history

Also maybe a throught of thinking on what could help with what Asgradia is to do with its laws on immigration, maybe instead of being stricted on immigration we are insteaded very stricted on deportation and making it very clear that immigrants of earth are welcome but Asgradia gives only one chance to those who want to conduct to a wrong manner of Asgradias laws and policy's. Do you think this could help or you have any ideas that could please feel free to have a chat as im sure i have gone on long enough lol :)

Also one most last note, people lets remember we are very lucky to be able to start a country in this modern time that was not formed with death, thief, war and civil war but instead with peace and understandance, Also with what we know and how intelligence we have become we can really try and make this country a utopia of peace among humans and lead the way of peace so we can teach earth to do the same

Lets not let our people of Asgardia make the same mistakes we have on earth and be blinded, let us never forget how our colony was started. :)

Last edited by:  Chay Kisnorbo (Asgardian)  on Feb 1, 17 / Pis 04, 01 05:34 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Feb 20, 17 / Pis 23, 01 16:50 UTC

It is very unlikely that Asgardia will ever receive an asylee. Asylees are required to seek asylum in the first country they enter after fleeing their home country. Unless they flee via rocket, Asgardia will not be the first country they enter. Any asylee who breaks the rule can be deported, so stowaways will not be an issue.

We will be required under international law to accept a non-zero amount of refugees. Refugees wait in a refugee camp to be accepted by another country. The recipient countries are allowed to impose any kind of screening they devise, so long as they don't constitute torture or illegal search and seizure or otherwise violate human rights. The screening process can last indefinitely. In practice, many huge countries take only dozens of refugees per year. We will not be under international to accept more than one per year, assuming every registered Asgardian is actually living on the station.

As long as the government of Asgardia does not waive normal immigration procedures in an effort to shame our neighbors and political rivals, we need never fear wolves in sheep's clothing.

Feb 22, 17 / Pis 25, 01 01:23 UTC

Che Pierre speaks my mind.

I wish there were some way to upvote or downvote posts on this forum.

Feb 22, 17 / Pis 25, 01 07:02 UTC

Counting likes/dislikes would ultimately be of little purpose, unless one or more of the following applies;

1. You are specifically taking a poll in order to gague opinion.
  2. As part of a range of other metrics, this is used for "marketing purposes" and to gauge the effectiveness of various algorythms ability to manipulate opinion by the data they allow the user to recieve.
  3. Other people's opinion is of more value to you than the content inside. As if somehow everybody else liking something should have some sort of impact on what you think.
  Updated  on Feb 22, 17 / Pis 25, 01 07:03 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: Formatting fail

Mar 1, 17 / Ari 04, 01 22:06 UTC

deleted

Updated  on May 25, 17 / Can 05, 01 18:57 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: leaving asgardia

Mar 8, 17 / Ari 11, 01 09:06 UTC

It is somewhat difficult thing to identify but why we cant use a method like captcha what we used today to determine machines from people, to identify people like that? I mean by that is a questioning process with a psychological basis to identify wolves in sheeps clothing.

Mar 8, 17 / Ari 11, 01 14:01 UTC

Captcha, as a system, isn't evolving as fast as the techniques used to autonomously bypass. Those that cannot mitigate the captcha check simply forwards it to a real user on another service and have their attempt to download the latest generation of exploit trojaned into a AAA game to fill the captcha out for them to start their download off.

In a similar manner, questions with "psychological basis" are not evolving as fast as people's ability to think about the implications of their answer before they deliver it. Such tests already regularly fail to pick up on things they are designed to pick up on - unless the person being tested allows for it.