Mar 18, 17 / Ari 21, 01 05:59 UTC

Decree N3 - Voting Regulations  

The third decree states that third-tier citizenship shall only be given to citizens who vote in favour of the Declaration and Constitution. Is this not a violation of democracy? It's not like the rights of specifically Hilary Clinton voters were taken away.

Mar 18, 17 / Ari 21, 01 07:14 UTC

I agree with the point of having the person accept and abide by the rules, but what if a particular clause creates an issue? We don't have equitable distribution of people (countrywise) as it is, so the views of a group of people are likely to be outweighed by those of another. Disagreement to these clauses will put them at the second tier. How would this be resolved?

Mar 18, 17 / Ari 21, 01 10:16 UTC

Just as in current real elections or voting processes, the same issues apply. During this time before final voting the documents will be released for review and discussion. All concerns will be reviewed. This process is not taken lightly and is the best way for the community to voice their opinion appropriately. All that we ask is that it is done in a respectable and constructive manner. That way you, your opinion and our work will be respected and accepted easier. The opinions of the community will be gathered and submitted to the administration. I would like to suggest for everyone who wishes to have their suggestions reviewed for consideration, to make sure they are posted in the appropriate related post. Otherwise it might get missed. I hope this helps to answer your question. If not just let us know.

Mar 18, 17 / Ari 21, 01 11:00 UTC

I agree

Mar 18, 17 / Ari 21, 01 12:48 UTC

That seems fair. Thanks Zahira and Jason. One thing that might cause an issue, as I've said before, is the unequal proportion of people of different Earth nationalities on Asgardia. The same distribution may be projected onto the rules, where the views of one community are overlooked in favour of another's, whose numbers are larger. But I'm sure the administrators have it all figured out. I'm glad Asgardia embraces the concept of democracy and fraternity, and I hope the decisions taken are likewise. Once again, thanks!