Jan 20, 17 / Aqu 20, 01 17:31 UTC

Psychology Roundtable  

Would anyone be interested in having some sort of online Asgardian Psychology Roundtable or seminar? We could invite all Asgardians who work in psychology-related disciplines, and then anybody who would want to suggest a topic of discussion would need only ask. We could then sign up Asgardians who want to attend, confirm their IDs and provide a private link to an online stream.

I think we should definitely have at least one discussion topic surrounding how Asgardia should handle clinical "diagnoses", and whether some sort of diagnostic statistic manual of our own is even necessary.

EDIT - Another important roundtable topic: brainstorming on income-generating endeavours that Asgardia could do related to psychology and psychological research.

EDIT 2: It has been decided that an open format is better so that anyone can speak about any psychology related topic.

Last edited by:  Shawn Crawford (Asgardian)  on Jan 30, 17 / Pis 02, 01 12:23 UTC, Total number of edits: 3 times

Jan 27, 17 / Aqu 27, 01 14:20 UTC

Sorry, I can only be Chinese style psychology, an ancient culture, with 5000 years of cultural heritage

Last edited by:  XianRong Sun (Asgardian)  on Jan 27, 17 / Aqu 27, 01 14:21 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jan 30, 17 / Pis 02, 01 07:47 UTC

Nice idea Crawford. Will it better to extend invitations to other asgardians who doesn't work in a psychology-related industry? I am sure there will some with different background (like myself) who will be interested in this.

Last edited by:  Yingzheng Wang (Asgardian)  on Jan 30, 17 / Pis 02, 01 07:48 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jan 30, 17 / Pis 02, 01 12:22 UTC

Maybe it would be better to just have an open psychology roundtable? :)

No pre-determined topic. Anyone can speak so long as the topic relates to psychology, they are an Asgardian, and they have signed up to speak.

Feb 6, 17 / Pis 09, 01 19:23 UTC

I'm interested. Good idea.

Feb 19, 17 / Pis 22, 01 19:01 UTC

if i can, i'm in.

Jun 23, 17 / Leo 06, 01 14:31 UTC

Would a hybrid buddhist/humanist philosophy and teaching qualify in this particular area of psychology?  If so, I would be very interested in joining, as I have had many years of a beneficial and symbiotic blend of technology, science, spirituality, and psychology.

Jul 12, 17 / Leo 25, 01 12:25 UTC

You can keep me posted.
My background is a master in theoretical psychology (neurobehavioral sciences), but I don't work in that area. 

Jul 13, 17 / Leo 26, 01 21:01 UTC

Psychology/social research roundtable. Psychology is personal, social research is broader use both. The reason is the butterfly effect. Have as many different people as you can since one of them, perhaps the most 'misfit' seeming, will save your life.