Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 00:24 UTC

Greetings fellow Asgardians!  

Hi! To clearify for those who talked to me on Facebook; my name is Rikard Östrand, here Östrand is replaced with Korpklo. It is not a translation, no one have asked for my name to be translated before, and I really do not see how it should be... by meaning? Islandbeach just sounds silly? Or just replacing Ö with another letter? Then which one? O looks closer, but Ö is pronunced more like a (specifically when it is a word) . Which is why I instead chose the last name I will change to (for personal reasons).

So now back to introduction :

I'm 26 years old, living in Stockholm, Sweden, identifying as male and prefer pronounce he/him/his, but have no problem if you choose gender neutral ones if you prefer that.

I am studying to work in mental health care and after a while hope to move on to do research in the field of cognitive neuroscience. Or, if we somehow manage to make Asgardia a reality I would like to do research in both psychology and neuroscience on how we are affected by the change it would mean to move there. This would be to see how to best help Asgardians reach stability when they arrive to form their new life and how to best treat different conditions. That would truely be a dream job.

Some of my other intrests are

politics and it would also be a career option if Asgardia becomes reality.

Alot of creative/artistic stuff: drawing/painting, design, sewing, sculpting (so far only worked in clay), singing, writing lyrics, wandmaking, photography, cooking, larp/roleplay... well list goes on, basically every artform I ever tried.

Science, knowledge, learning, philosophy and discussing basically no matter what subject...

Most types of games (video, computer, board, card, roleplay...)

I enjoy culture in general; listening to around 100 different music genres, enjoy movies, theather, musicals, books... anything worth thinking about... :)

On my free time I work alot with projects for equality. I do care deeply about it in general, but I am most focused on LGBTQIA+, neurodiverse, people with mental illness and handicaped. Also victims of physical/mental/verbal abuse (no matter who did it to them).

I belive in freedom for everyone, but one persons freedom should never be allowed to take freedom from someone else. And I belive equal oppertunity is requierd to give equal freedom, to achive that a society need to help those who do not naturally have the same oppertunitys.

Random small facts about me: -cat person (have 2) -coffe drinker -nerd -engaged and super happy -5 percings, 1 tattoo so far -Atheist -ambidextrous

Some things I am a fan of (shows, films, books, music and so on): Harry Potter, Doctor who, walking dead, big bang theory, xmen, sherlock, Angel spit (band), Hamilton (musical).

Quirks and such: -I have a habit of over explaining, please try not to be offended, I'm not doing this to call you stupid. I simply can't stop doing it.

-I take things litterally and may miss things like sarcasm. I also mean no more or less than what I actually write.

-If you are waiting for an answer from me and it takes more than 24h I may have forgotten. It's in no way personal/a lack of interst/ rudeness. I have ADD, which makes me a bit more forgetfull than most.

-my online activity varies alot, sometimes I don't even check my phone, sometimes I almost online 24/7, depends alot on my projects and such

-I may correct things. This is never to be mean, I intend to be helpful when doing this.

-My english is far from perfect, I am well awear of that, it's my second language.

Not really a quirk, but a note: as anyone else, sometimes I will be wrong and I really enjoy learning new things, so please tell me, I am open to it. But please, don't be rude about it.

May edit in all the things I have forgotten...

Last edited by:  Rikard Korpklo (Asgardian)  on Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 00:26 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 00:58 UTC

Hello and welcome to the forum! Nice to see you here.