Mar 28, 17 / Tau 03, 01 03:34 UTC

Re: Discussion of the Declaration of Unity  

It was linked here, but since it is an RFC, I need responses to that rewrite as well, which turns the topic here into chaos. I don't support worst case scenarios and therefore forbid the usage of the document inside of this topic without my agreement.

There are standard processes, forking, merging, splitting, commenting on forks, merges and splits. To bring a virtual entity from its first version to a final document. If you ignore one of them or make one of them not publically accessible, you degrade your own professionalism and announce your task as possibly censoring.

Mar 28, 17 / Tau 03, 01 03:36 UTC

Hello!

I have already explained the process to you and the reasoning behind it. This will not change and there are no exceptions.

Kind regards,
Rebekah Berg, Lead Community Administrator, Asgardia

Mar 28, 17 / Tau 03, 01 03:44 UTC

the declaration of unity so far has been quite well thought out. the only real 'changes' i can see to it is some possible rewording here and there and a bit more detail or a reference to a glossary to define the terms used. one suggestion i could make based on having my partner take a look at it earlier was to change in point 3 where it says ", if he concurs..." would flow a bit easier with a change to "if they concur" that way there is no gender within the statement itself. the main confusion i see is based on the 12th point where it should be more towards earth history having no place in the day to day of asgardia but should or will be taught as a pre-history to the future children of asgardia so the past wrongs are never forgotten as humanity moves forward.

Mar 28, 17 / Tau 03, 01 03:45 UTC

I want a clarification for #9. I understand politics is divisive so for that reason we may not want it, but will Asgardia still have a representative government? How will we voice our needs?

We also need a clarification for #12. Do you mean we will shed our historical biases? Like "forgive and forget"? Because literally excluding Earthly history is verry dangerous as the old proverb says, "those who forget history are doomed to repeat it."

Finally, we should declare unity under the UN, as the UN is the current representative of combined human interests. I'm aware of some allegations that Asgardia is in violation of space neutrality, but even despite that we should recognize the UN and appeal for membership.

Besides that I feel confident that Asgardia will represent human and Earthly interests in space with equity and justice.

Mar 28, 17 / Tau 03, 01 03:46 UTC

I don't want any exception. I DID NOT POST ANY KIND OF FEEDBACK TO THE DECLARATION OF UNITY, i did post a fork to comment on, to build qualified feedback.

I am sorry that you aren't open-minded enough to get that.

Mar 28, 17 / Tau 03, 01 06:36 UTC

Article 12, “There is no place for Earth history in Asgraidia “ , yes ..Asgardia is going to creates his own history in the universe ,and out of the earth's history bag, I agree with this declaration, indeed, human thinking on the earth can not be completely out of the localism so that conflict never stop.

Mar 28, 17 / Tau 03, 01 07:39 UTC

Needs a lot of work, but basically everything has been mentioned. Every single word, or omission, is important and should be given a lot of thought. Back to the drawing board.

Mar 28, 17 / Tau 03, 01 08:14 UTC

I agree on all points.

N# 9 should be more clear: I too would prefer a government with no party, but only with people who accept and base their decisions solely on the values that Asgardia represent, but I would like to know if this government will be based on democratic principles. I know that some time ago it was said that we will vote for the ministries, however I think it should be specified in the declaration.

N# 12, As I understand it, is about trying to write our own history and detaching from Earth's. Since I'm not sure about this, I would like a rewording of it.

Mar 28, 17 / Tau 03, 01 10:14 UTC

IMHO, the "easiest" way to satisfy number 9 is to enact a state of "direct democracy". There are no "political bodies", the citizens make their own decisions and can carry responsibility for such legitimately.

Mar 28, 17 / Tau 03, 01 10:20 UTC

Point 12 is one of the brilliant point in this Declaration of Unity,History really biased and not accurate so no need of Earth History.Spacial Thanks to Asgardia for such nice Article.

Last edited by:  Nikhil Chaudhary (Asgardian)  on Apr 3, 17 / Tau 09, 01 05:13 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Mar 28, 17 / Tau 03, 01 10:44 UTC

I find it all perfectly defined.
As first space nation, I think you should start to overcome certain concepts, such as politicians etc ... because as mentioned by other Asgardian brothers, certain things could only create further divisions and is not a good thing.
For the rest I find everything perfect

Mar 28, 17 / Tau 03, 01 11:01 UTC

Dear Asgardia citizens,

Here in the clause 3, I suggest adding the bracketed words: 3. Any citizen of Earth (including stateless persons) can become a citizen of Asgardia, if he (or she) concurs with this Declaration, accepts the Future Constitution and legislation of Asgardia.

I believe this will cover all the people with all statuses.

Regards, Nahid Asgardia citizen

Mar 28, 17 / Tau 03, 01 11:02 UTC

First of all I like it and I think it reflect the core values of Asgardia.

Mar 28, 17 / Tau 03, 01 11:31 UTC

Let us refuel together

Mar 28, 17 / Tau 03, 01 11:41 UTC

is this some kind part of illuminaty? if yes i cancel my account and go out safely .if no than i want to go next part of new futuristic world