Jun 21, 17 / Leo 04, 01 23:23 UTC

Re: Civilian conceal carry of weapons  

No guns. As per Asgardia' s chief goal, is peace, the culture is far from the need for every civilian to be able to have guns. However, what I think would be more fitting, are health and defensive nature classes, which provide collective education in both well being of the human body, and self defense, utilizing various cultures martial arts systems, including de escalation techniques.

Jul 1, 17 / Leo 14, 01 02:11 UTC

This is only an issue if Asgardia becomes solely a land nation. If we're going to live on a space colony, we should start thinking "Enterprise" style. We go in naked, get uniforms, we all get issued the stuff we need to live and do our jobs. We'll probably have to be sterilized first. If weapons are included anywhere in the ship, it will only be because we are under attack from outside. In a space colony you either trust everyone there with your life (literally) or you shouldn't go there at all. It's serious business. That being said, if we don't get there first we may have to fight our way up to space. They're not calling it "the new space race" for nothing.

Jul 1, 17 / Leo 14, 01 18:15 UTC

True... This is why I think it's important we get ourselves organized real quickly. We need say in the U.N. in my opinion, in order to internationally condemn any nations that are pushing this narrative of another Space Race. It is much like the time Humans had a chance to denuclearize the planet. Unfortunately. Because one group refused to give up nukes, all other nations saw this as fair game, and nuclear arms are now in surpluses around the globe, and a major factor in which Earth faces total extinction nearly every month. Space is no different. If we fail to exert our moral monarchy over the world, we fall victim at losing out our sole objective, "prevent earthly conflicts from reaching putter space". And we have have to act very quickly. If we fail, I can honestly say Humanity is doomed. But we can't achieve our goals with military, and guns. We must focus on where the rest of the world is lacking. I believe that's relating to important resources needed to achieve space hegemony, which is Cyber Security, and Quantum Physics. We must think outside of the box on this one. Guns are not going to cut it.

Jul 6, 17 / Leo 19, 01 10:10 UTC

My view: Guns are for killing people.  They don't protect anyone.  Guns should be banned in Asgardia.  I live very safe country at the moment, I will not move to a place where it is acceptable for people to have concealed weapons.

Conclusion: It's a point which is nearly impossible to change people's minds on, so we need to know the policy before we decide to be Asgardian citizens.  Then either join up or not.

Jul 7, 17 / Leo 20, 01 19:12 UTC

Ally of people are veterans, guns only kill when given to the wrong people, given to the right no crime or any deadly like event will ever happen, you have a issue with adults being adults who think of others, then go to your child safe room, no one ever listen to compromise decisions. Never trust the U.N. ever!!!! Do you any of you know what their responsible for?

Jul 10, 17 / Leo 23, 01 09:59 UTC

I've no problems with "guns": I've problems with "the right people" who should hold them, as they're usually "not that right" and, needing a gun in their hands to make their "reasons" more clear, they're definitely "not right" for me.

Jul 13, 17 / Leo 26, 01 21:12 UTC

Think outside the box. Or make the same mistakes earthlings make.

example; "Drone 21 to base, altercation between citizens at coordinates 23e45r16z, tasers deployed, require drone ambulances". 

You wont need weapons.

Jul 13, 17 / Leo 26, 01 22:32 UTC

Weapons will be, and I'm done fighting about it, I've honestly tried to corospond with people to work out non lethal weapons to satisfy the feeling to protect themselves and honestly we wont be safe up there, think I'm wrong? What does almost every country have that can go to space? Missles Missed an drone especially when the U.S. is making a space corps. Also we won't always be safe, non lethal weapons can be applied to help us, because drones won't help always even if they malfunction, defect, or not following program, think of the cost and size of the drone. It's best just to arm citizens

Jan 6, 19 / Aqu 06, 03 19:24 UTC

Although I am usually all for gun rights I do believe that at first it should be restricted from civilians. However I do believe that every security and military personnel should carry one and maybe even let civilians with high background checks be allowed to carry one as long as they do not have a past of violence or other conditions that could lead to the action of harming others.

Feb 23, 19 / Pis 26, 03 03:32 UTC

I havnt been on for more than a year. To state some. Weapons do not always need to be guns. Maybe a form of taser or something. Either way. Citizens can go crazy or hysterical up there. We cant scrren everyone. So chances of someone whos wanting to threaten asgardia will get on board because they can hide who they really are. Im not saying guns per say are needed. Just a form of defense. If we dont get artificial gravity then any fire arm needs to be limited.

May 24, 19 / Can 04, 03 00:08 UTC

I actually have to agree with the original poster on this. The right to security/safety is in our constitution, and having our own firearms and weapons guarantees that right. 

For those wondering, it's not the firearms themselves that cause mass shootings/killings, but the person behind them. There are plenty of instances of mass stabbings and bombings that have happened in countries without civilian firearm ownership. 

Everyone likes to point out the sensationalized "mass shootings" in the United States, but what people fail to point out is our mental health system is so messed up that it doesn't allow people to get the help they need. This is either because of the help not being easily available, or because of the stigmatization behind getting mental health help.

Yes, I am biased because I am an American, but in areas where there is high civilian gun ownership, there is much less crime. Of course, there are a few examples where that is not the case (such as Detroit), but really even if guns were illegal in those places, those people could care less about the laws (again, it's the person who makes that choice to commit a crime). Plus, the right to civilian gun ownership is something that is extremely liberal (in the true sense of the word) in that the government trusts the citizens to own weapons in case they themselves betray the citizens and what the country stands for. 

All I ask if that people take an objective look behind the concept of firearm ownership. I have always imagined Asgardia and space as the last "wild west" and I wouldn't want to be in the last frontier without a weapon to protect myself with.        

Aug 28, 19 / Lib 16, 03 16:47 UTC

I agree that people should be armed, however, arms are a big deal, especially in space. Space has two problems with firearms, one, no gravity, at least yet, and two, no pressure. Space is a vacuum and a vacuum sucks oxygen and other materials out of pressurized containers such as a space station. Not good for anyone. On Another note, the likelihood that a bullet from a small arms weapon actually punches a hole in the space station would be very unlikely as when fired in low gravity or no gravity, doesn't travel as fast or with as much momentum due to the user of the firearm going the opposite direction, therefore reducing the speed and momentum of the round fired from the weapon. This makes more of a jackass moment for the guy/girl who fired the weapon. Anyway, on another note, if gravity has been achieved on your space station, then this is a major problem. Only police and military should be armed. The main means of force should always be non lethal or electronic, thus, no holes are punched in the station. Civilians should be trained, undergo rigorous testing (the same as military and police) and should they fail testing, they should not be afforded an opportunity to carry a weapon. Not even on the ground of a planet (minus Earth). Should they punch a hole in a Mars Settlement, then all hell could break loose there as well. Civilians should only have weapons when it is proven they know how to handle the weapon and have no intent of harming their brethren, unless we are under attack. As for a response I saw that said we need to be sterilized first, that is one wacky post and idea. Why the heck would we sterilize ourselves? That kind of defeats the purpose of a nation. Can't procreate, can't have a nation that survives. Simple as that.

Last edited by:  Christopher Cox (Asgardian)  on Aug 28, 19 / Lib 16, 03 16:53 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: Noticed a post that needed attention.