Jan 1, 17 / Aqu 01, 01 06:59 UTC

Re: Certificates preparation - please make sure your name is written correctly  

Hi i was wondering how these certificatesites will arrive...ie by post by email and what format will they be in? so do we print them out on our printer... Thanks Nathan Chisholm

Jan 1, 17 / Aqu 01, 01 12:21 UTC

To my understanding, the required name in the ID application is expected to be in English format, or more technically, having to be ASCII characters only. For example, Chinese passport has English names on it. Foreign airline/train tickets are issued with those names.

Jan 1, 17 / Aqu 01, 01 17:12 UTC

Hi Nathan Chisholm (Cultpeacemaker)

Please see the response to this question provided on your post located here https://asgardia.space/en/forum/forum/general-discussion-14/topic/asgardia-certificate-1408/

Please refrain from cross posting the same question across multiple threads. If your post is relevant to multiple threads, please create one and provide the link to it on the other appropriate threads.

Jan 1, 17 / Aqu 01, 01 23:23 UTC

It is pretty simple actually guys just read the form. There are two parts for your name. First one is ONLY for latin letters. So type your name in English. If you have" ë,è,é" etc. in your name, just use a simple E/e. Just like you should use"I/i" for "ı,í,î,ï" and similars or use "O/o" for "ö,ô,õ,ó and similars"

And there is one another part just after the first. It says "Enter your name as it appears on your identity document (if not English)". So this is where you should type our name as it is. Use all the letters you wish and as much as you like on this one.

Btw its really exciting to see all these are actually happining my fellow Asgardian friends. :)

Last edited by:  ONUR OKTEN (Asgardian)  on Jan 1, 17 / Aqu 01, 01 23:29 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jan 1, 17 / Aqu 01, 01 23:25 UTC

May one place there application in a mothballed state for some time if one does not own a passport or should one continue with there application without a passport. My Only ID document is a birth certificate so what should I do? I am a British citizen but without a passport and do not foresee my self having one in the near future.

When it comes to my formal application, should I instead supply a scan of my birth certificate and my local government issued ID card for transit and libraries.

Last edited by:  Samuel Orman-Chan (Asgardian)  on Jan 1, 17 / Aqu 01, 01 23:29 UTC, Total number of edits: 2 times

Jan 1, 17 / Aqu 01, 01 23:32 UTC

Hi SJO-C,

There will be no issues not having a British Passport. There are a number of people who currently do not hold a valid passport (or never held one) issued by their Country of citizenship.

When the time comes to proving ones identity, mechanisms will be implemented for providing other forms of government issued identification, such as birth certificates etc

I trust this answers your question.

Last edited by:  Alan Player (Asgardian)  on Jan 1, 17 / Aqu 01, 01 23:33 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: clarification

Jan 3, 17 / Aqu 03, 01 10:20 UTC

Hi! A question,

I'm planning to change my name this year from my ex-married name back to my birth family name. Should I write the requested name on first lines of the form or what?

Jan 3, 17 / Aqu 03, 01 15:29 UTC

làm thế nào để tôi nhận được hộ chiếu qua bưu điện ? tôi đã có mã số ID của riêng mình qua email .

Jan 4, 17 / Aqu 04, 01 20:12 UTC

Hola, el dia que rellene el formulario para el ID. pedian una foto pero en ese momento no tenia foto estoy por mandarla por e-mail tambien el echo de ya que es necesario tener los documentos al dia, saber cuales seran los requeridos aqui solo tengo un hijo el cual me cree loca por apuntarme a este proyecto y al cual quisiera llevar con migo pero el no esta registrado. En fin para este proyecto estoy preparando mi cerebro con todo lo que me pueda y lo que pueda ser util alli arriba

Jan 4, 17 / Aqu 04, 01 23:03 UTC

@Nguyen Duc Nhan - Please be aware English is the language used in the forums. The only exception is in the Regional threads for your home country. Where you are unable to communicate in English, please use your Regional Chapters thread to post questions.

Google Translated version of Question: how do I get a passport by mail? I had my own ID number via email.

Answer: Please see the FAQ's on the Asgardia.Space website http://asgardia.space/faq specifically the section under Registration and Citizenship. Point 2 states - "I registered and got my confirmation email. Am I a citizen now? Do I get a passport or an ID? Registration on the Asgardia website makes you a part of the Asgardia community. Once we are recognized, we will post procedures for obtaining citizenship – they will be similar to citizenship procedures in other countries. Once you are a citizen, you will get a passport, like you would in any country."

I hope this answers your question.

Jan 4, 17 / Aqu 04, 01 23:08 UTC

@Mafer - Please be aware English is the language used in the forums. The only exception is in the Regional threads for your home country. Where you are unable to communicate in English, please use your Regional Chapters thread to post questions.

Google Translated Question: Hello, the day you fill out the form for the ID. They asked for a photo but at that moment I did not have a photo I'm about to send it by e-mail too the echo of since it's necessary to have the documents up to date, to know which ones will be required here I only have one child who thinks I'm crazy to point me to this Project and which I would like to take with me but he is not registered. In short for this project I am preparing my brain with everything I can and what can be useful there above"

Answer: If I have been unable to understand your question through the translation from Google Translate, you are asking about the requirement of the photo during registration. To answer this, at this stage a photo is not required. At a later stage, there may be a request for this once Asgardia is in a position to commence issuing Identifications etc. However this may be some time in the future. There are a number of steps that need to take place before this will happen. In relation to your child, if they have not been registered, and you would like to register them, please complete the form located at: http://asgardia.space/join for them if they are under the age of 18. If they are an adult (Over 18 years of age) encourage them to register!

Jan 5, 17 / Aqu 05, 01 19:33 UTC

Just out of worry may I ask if the name I have to change is Username or Profile name? I got my real name on my info but my Username is just a combo of First and Last.

Jan 5, 17 / Aqu 05, 01 23:03 UTC

Hi Michael Davis,

As long as you have provided your legal name in the first and if required on second section that is all you need. You can have an alternative username or profile name. The profile name is what appears on the forum. Some people prefer to use an alias rather than their Legal name on Forums.

Jan 7, 17 / Aqu 07, 01 06:50 UTC

Certificate is not issued?

Jan 7, 17 / Aqu 07, 01 14:32 UTC

Great!