Mar 9, 17 / Ari 12, 01 17:53 UTC

Re: Decree N2 by The Asgardia Head of Nation - Asgardian Calendar!  

The only purposes for a calendar are to track seasons and holidays. We are likely to have some holidays, but seasons are not going to be a thing on Asgardia.

The truth is, time is not constant, it is relative, Einstein proved it. In orbit, our speed will be greater than that of those on the surface of the Earth. As a result, any timepieces we keep in orbit will pass much more slowly than those on Earth. Attempting to keep time, merely on a second-by-second basis, will cause us to fall out of sync.

Because of this, we will need to decide upon which location on Earth we will sync our time for the purposes of Earth to Asgardia timed communications. When we tell someone on Earth, for example, that will transmit data at 08:30:00, on January 12, 2020, they will need to know in which timezone is this (because we will be traversing ALL of them), and which clocks we will be using (again, because our clocks will run slower than those on Earth). Better to just use the calendar and time of the place with which we are synced.

Mar 9, 17 / Ari 12, 01 18:01 UTC

I can understand what your saying. Now, has anyone that had the idea for a new calendar proposed a project to Official for creation?

Being able to just spend 60 seconds and post a quick idea to create a topic thread is easy, (within some regards), when the ideas are already floating in the brain. But it takes time and effort to commit to actually taking the idea and implementing it into 'Law'. If anyone wishes to make changes or new ideas to our growing nation, they must be willing to put that effort forward. I've spent my own time to being a Moderator, and given up hours just to create a possible project for working with Official regarding IT networking. I know if this goes forward, I'll be committing myself to even more. But I'm doing this because I believe in our cause, and our concepts for a new nation!

I ask anyone, before you complain, have you volunteered lately?

Mar 9, 17 / Ari 12, 01 18:06 UTC

Yes, I did (and do and will continue that).

Date and Time Standards are not served by laws nor should they served. They will be maintained and served by standard authorities, which must by all costs (to prevent any autocracy) a government decoupled authority.

Mar 9, 17 / Ari 12, 01 18:12 UTC

"The only purposes for a calendar are to track seasons and holidays. We are likely to have some holidays, but seasons are not going to be a thing on Asgardia.

The truth is, time is not constant, it is relative, Einstein proved it. In orbit, our speed will be greater than that of those on the surface of the Earth. As a result, any timepieces we keep in orbit will pass much more slowly than those on Earth. Attempting to keep time, merely on a second-by-second basis, will cause us to fall out of sync.

Because of this, we will need to decide upon which location on Earth we will sync our time for the purposes of Earth to Asgardia timed communications. When we tell someone on Earth, for example, that will transmit data at 08:30:00, on January 12, 2020, they will need to know in which timezone is this (because we will be traversing ALL of them), and which clocks we will be using (again, because our clocks will run slower than those on Earth). Better to just use the calendar and time of the place with which we are synced."

On this note, why don't we sync the time in which this site is based on? Plus with this new system its full 4 weeks. We should not have leap years, it would make this hard. We should stay with a 24hour time set. To keep track of earth time, we can have a clock with the date below our own. This way we can plan on the dot. I know it will take time to get used to things. But, this would benefit us since we have no seasons. This way in deep space we will always have on the dot time.

With coding it, yes it would be a little hard. I know that having a new date and time system will offset some things. But, I believe that the time and effort into this would benefit us.

I look forward to seeing what the future holds.

Last edited by:  Anthony Foster (Asgardian)  on Mar 9, 17 / Ari 12, 01 18:24 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: typo

Mar 9, 17 / Ari 12, 01 18:24 UTC

Being able to just spend 60 seconds and post a quick idea to create a topic thread is easy, (within some regards), when the ideas are already floating in the brain. But it takes time and effort to commit to actually taking the idea and implementing it into 'Law'. If anyone wishes to make changes or new ideas to our growing nation, they must be willing to put that effort forward. I've spent my own time to being a Moderator, and given up hours just to create a possible project for working with Official regarding IT networking. I know if this goes forward, I'll be committing myself to even more. But I'm doing this because I believe in our cause, and our concepts for a new nation!

I ask anyone, before you complain, have you volunteered lately?

Yep. I did. I continue to provide information in news form in addition to helping with the Constitutional Comments Committee. There is no high road here.

With regards to 'complaining', I provided my opinion about a decree in a polite, reasonable, and logical manner. Did I miss a complaint somewhere? Oh, yes, nihylum 🇩🇪 complained a little, as did ptrv (barely, maybe) but otherwise I think the majority of the responses, while negative, have been honest, well-described, and respectful.

Mar 9, 17 / Ari 12, 01 18:28 UTC

It's not really complaining. It's reflecting facts.

Mar 9, 17 / Ari 12, 01 18:39 UTC

People born on February 29th are officially called "the unborn" or "leaper" and not supported by the calendar by default. This is the first discrimination ever implemented into a Date and Time Standard. < / sarcasm >

Mar 9, 17 / Ari 12, 01 18:43 UTC

To nihylum 🇩🇪 saying, "It's not really complaining. It's reflecting facts."

Well, look where the facts are based on. Earth, see we would not be on earth nor even the solar system in time. Just like the British and the "New World" we will make new findings. To base everything with earth facts, you'd be blindfolding yourself. Try not to limit thinking to what you already know. Like when everyone thought the earth was flat. A funny thought don't you think.

So please think more in thought like this is a new way of life. Just like the new findings and way of life on earth. This would be lead to a new way of life.

Mar 9, 17 / Ari 12, 01 18:48 UTC

wtf nihylum 🇩🇪 every month have 28 day so: gregorian calendar if beign transfered to the new calendar the person who have be born in 29th Fev. make birthdays in 4th of march of the new calendar

Last edited by:  Humberto Bravo (Asgardian)  on Mar 9, 17 / Ari 12, 01 18:49 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Mar 9, 17 / Ari 12, 01 18:50 UTC

Okay. Just to mention. I am the dude who had invented an "all new - all different date and time double standard" that could change the way how we utilize time, spell dates and how we work. An efficient, robust, environment decoupled space-time standard.

If I do base things with fewer earth facts, the earth does not longer exist.

Mar 9, 17 / Ari 12, 01 18:54 UTC

BohZao: Impossible, the 03-04 (Asgardia Calendar) => 03-01 (Gregorian Calendar).

The reason is simple. The IFC clone lacks of it's own normalization.

Mar 9, 17 / Ari 12, 01 19:01 UTC

nihylum 🇩🇪

Please, if you have made a thread please share. I don't mind reading it.

Mar 9, 17 / Ari 12, 01 19:07 UTC

theres a regulation the only diference to the IFC its that we have the month of Asgardia not the Month of Sol the acount:

from 1 january to 29th of february theres are 60 days ( 31 jan + 29 feb) then you do 60 - 56 (Asgardia calendar 2 months 28+28) = 4 that are the days of march month.

this operation its used in the comercial calendar that only have 30 days

Last edited by:  Humberto Bravo (Asgardian)  on Mar 9, 17 / Ari 12, 01 19:08 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: add data

Mar 9, 17 / Ari 12, 01 19:15 UTC

That would turn the entire calendar out of sync after just one (earth) leap year. As i said, we "opt-in" a leap day in the future, currently we do not and "fixate" the first day of year with the first gregorian day of year and the year day with the last gregorian day of year. There is no "space" for a February 29th. The concept is normalized to a specifc range of days.