Ari 12, 01 / Mar 9, 17 22:59 UTC

Re: Decree N2 by The Asgardia Head of Nation - Asgardian Calendar!  

Unfortunately, fun is not always practical and practical is not always fun.

Ari 12, 01 / Mar 9, 17 23:08 UTC

I'm currently working on making a calendar for 2017 following the Decree N2. I'll be posting it as a link to a picture for you all to see and print.

Ari 12, 01 / Mar 9, 17 23:15 UTC

@skiewanne: Oh, i guarantee - we can.

Have a look: https://prime.singularity.name/stardate/stardate-standard.pdf

Updated  on Ari 12, 01 / Mar 9, 17 23:16 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Ari 12, 01 / Mar 9, 17 23:27 UTC

Honestly, the largest thing stopping me saying the "stardate standard" is a good idea is the obvious association to startrek. It doens't do much for our credibility.

i personally think the most sensible is to not particularly bother with trying to re-invent a wheel that won't be round on the scale of eventual operations. What is required is not an adjustment to the format or layout of the calandar, but a vast reconsideration of the concept of time itself. It's far too local in perspective.

Ari 12, 01 / Mar 9, 17 23:33 UTC

@EyeR:

About stardate: my point exactly. ;)

About time: if you mean that time is subject to dilation because of a gravitational field or acceleration, then yes you are correct. However the time difference is usually extremely tiny - not even a second.

I'm making a calendar with all 13 months and Year Day on it. Just stand by, I'm sure you guys will love it once you physically see it and the beauty of it.

:) cheers :P

Last edited by:  John Skieswanne (Asgardian)  on Ari 12, 01 / Mar 9, 17 23:36 UTC, Total number of edits: 2 times

Ari 12, 01 / Mar 9, 17 23:41 UTC

If you see creditability in danger for adopting star trek, you'll be very naive. If you see a formalization of a star trek idea as nerdy or childish, throw away your smartphones, it is one.

Ari 12, 01 / Mar 9, 17 23:45 UTC

@Nihylum:

Well, There's also the fact that having decimal points instead of months and days is extremely complicated to adopt.

Trust me, I know, lol. ;)

Ari 12, 01 / Mar 9, 17 23:49 UTC

From my point of view, it is not. When was the last time you have calculated ( not counted until ) a date? The twenty-fifth of one is an easily adaptable calculation. It's very basic math.

Ari 13, 01 / Mar 10, 17 01:28 UTC

Fascinating!

Ari 13, 01 / Mar 10, 17 03:14 UTC

The Hungarian translataion of the Decree N2:

https://asgardia.space/en/forum/forum/hungary-147/topic/asgardia-%C3%A1llamf%C5%91j%C3%A9nek-2-rendelete-3767/

Ari 13, 01 / Mar 10, 17 04:15 UTC

@AquariusEarth

"Stop complaining and get with the program" - Hmmm, since when did Asgardia become a dictatorship? When did free thinking and using free speech to express an opposing view become a bad thing? If this is the case, I will happily remove my application - not what I signed up for.

Please explain to me how using an alternate calendar will "part ways with conflicts of the Earth". I'm really interested to hear the explanation for that.

My respectful view is out of concern about the credibility of Asgardia as a whole and how a move like this could compromise the goal of UN membership. Do a quick poll and see how many other UN countries use a single calendar that is unique to them. In the future, there will undoubtedly be a need of a method of measuring time suitable for a space faring nation. That time is not now. I would argue that currently, putting time into finalising the draft constitution is a far more worthy endeavour than fiddling with the calendar.

Updated  on Ari 13, 01 / Mar 10, 17 04:40 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Ari 13, 01 / Mar 10, 17 04:31 UTC

My only concern with the calender is when an Asgardian who is
born on 29 February has now 1 birthday every 4 years, so why
not give that Asgardian a birthday every year. Is it not about
giving everybody the same rights and pleasures?

Maybe we should place the year-day as the 29 February.

Grtz, Dirk

Last edited by:  Dirk Baeyens (Asgardian)  on Ari 13, 01 / Mar 10, 17 04:32 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Ari 13, 01 / Mar 10, 17 08:54 UTC

There is much fanfare thinking where the first alternative opinion already qualify as negativity. Even among some Mods, which I find incredible.

That fanaticism does a terrible evil to Asgardia, since they cut off from root any proposal or discussion in favor of silence and submissive compliance. Any comparison with an authoritarian regime is pure coincidence ...

Luckily, and that's why we are, this is not an authoritarian regime, however many citizens and even Mods think it is so.

@AquariusEarth you have no right to tell any citizen to withdraw their citizenship when you do not agree with an opinion. People who have arguments and opinions that differ from yours are not "negative," they have their own ideas. Think about it, please. This is not an authoritarian regime.

To all the fanatics, be citizens or Mods I say, try with a different argument to the one of "you are negative, abide the program". The own thought exists, from there arise the great ideas;)

Last edited by:  Ian Albornoz Tomas (Asgardian)  on Ari 13, 01 / Mar 10, 17 08:55 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Ari 13, 01 / Mar 10, 17 09:40 UTC

Though I'm a 中国人,I still notice and give more attentions to that, Is the number of the months be good or not?

Ari 13, 01 / Mar 10, 17 12:57 UTC

Dear Asgardian friends...

Honestly, I didn't like the Asgardian Calendar at all! To bad...I'm not in charge here! So...sorry!

Anyway, do we really need a new calendar to mess (even more) things up? Why do we need a brand new calendar? Does it make any sense?

Forget about the religion...the Gregorian calendar is Internationally recognized and the most used worldwide. So, why should we change...then?

Why didn't they listen first to our majority desire before making this decision?

Oh...boy!

Greetings,

Leonardo.

Last edited by:  Leonardo Espadrezani (Asgardian)  on Ari 13, 01 / Mar 10, 17 12:59 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time