May 26, 17 / Can 06, 01 02:35 UTC

Re: Discussion of the draft Constitution  

"Lena as given the answer to the majority of questions on Facebook, like why monarchy, when they will send the finalized  version, how this as made."

Could she also post this information in this forum? Since I do not have an account on Facebook, I would really appreciate.

May 26, 17 / Can 06, 01 02:41 UTC

André in the fórum she already answered a lot of times too (but it as send to oblivion in the mix of so many posts and topics, the exact topic and page i don't remember sorry)

I AM on the bus only let me arrive at home and i posts here the answere from face!

Humberto - ANBR

May 26, 17 / Can 06, 01 03:13 UTC

[Below is my proposed replacement for the Original Draft presented by Asgardia.Space for the community. It’s based heavily upon the original document with significant changes to Government structure. Where possible, I attempted to not deviate from the structure/layout of the original document. The full text can be found here: https://github.com/lorezyra/Asgardia.Government/blob/master/Asgardia.Constitution.Proposal.txt ]

CONSTITUTION

OF THE SPACE NATION OF ASGARDIA

We, the people of planet Earth, irrespective of our place of birth, residence, citizenship, language, gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, beliefs, or financial standing of Earth nation states, use our free choice, will, and conviction, in the desire to:

• unite humanity above ethnic, national, and religious divides, based on fairness, peace, due process, and the equal dignity of every human being, as humankind looks to the future and the infinite space of the Universe,

• resolve differences, conflicts, inequality, and imperfections in human history, bring spiritual and scientific practices and human creative achievements to a new level in all their civilizational and cultural multitude, and launch a new era in the history of humanity in space,

• based on the Declaration of Unity of Asgardia as an integral part of this Constitution,

have founded Asgardia, the first Space Nation in human history, and hereby adopt this Constitution of Asgardia.

Last edited by:  Richie Bartlett (Asgardian)  on May 27, 17 / Can 07, 01 04:29 UTC, Total number of edits: 2 times
Reason: Updated color format

May 26, 17 / Can 06, 01 03:15 UTC

[Below is my proposed replacement for the Original Draft presented by Asgardia.Space for the community. It’s based heavily upon the original document with significant changes to Government structure. Where possible, I attempted to not deviate from the structure/layout of the original document. The full text can be found here: https://github.com/lorezyra/Asgardia.Government/blob/master/Asgardia.Constitution.Proposal.txt ]

CHAPTER 1. DECLARATION OF UNITY OF ASGARDIA

We, the free people of

the first Space Nation in the history of existing humanity,

Asgardia,

based on the need to expand into the Universe,

adopt this

Declaration

§ 1. Asgardia is a free and unified space nation. 

§ 2. The objectives of Asgardia are to:

a. ensure peace in space;

b. ensure the protection of humankind from outer space threats;

c. ensure equal opportunities in space for all Asgardians living on Earth, regardless of geographic, financial, technological, and any other features of the countries of their earthly citizenship.

§ 3. Any citizen of Earth can become a citizen of Asgardia, if he/she concurs with this Declaration, and respects the Constitution and legislation of Asgardia. 

§ 4. All citizens of Asgardia are equal, regardless of their place of birth, residence, citizenship, language, gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, beliefs, or financial standing of Earth nation states. 

§ 5. Asgardia respects the laws and international agreements of the nation states on Earth and wishes to be recognized as an equal country among other nation states on Earth. 

§ 6. Asgardia does not interfere in the affairs of the nation states of Earth on the principle of reciprocity.

§ 7. Asgardia takes part in events on Earth at an international level, like any other country, based on its membership in respective international organizations.

§ 8. Asgardia respects the rights of citizens of Earth nation states, and protects the rights of its own citizens when it comes to their exclusive rights as citizens of the Space Nation. 

§ 9. Asgardia encourages Citizens to participate in the legislative processes of Government and civic duties while discouraging political parties or entities that divide the Space Nation.

§ 10. Asgardia mirrors the Earth, but it does not reflect the Earth’s borders. At the same time, in the framework of earthly law, every Asgardian can freely reside within the borders of any earthly country.

§ 11. Asgardia encourages progressive scientific research, thinking and international cooperation. Every Asgardian can freely practice any religion on Earth.

§ 12. Asgardia endeavours to boldly travel beyond the history of Earth and build a new future for all in Space.

We, the people of Asgardia, will do everything for the prosperity

of our new space nation created by us;

for the expansion and development of our species into the Universe;

One Humanity - One Community.

This Declaration is a primary document for the creation of 

Asgardia - the Space Nation

Last edited by:  Richie Bartlett (Asgardian)  on May 27, 17 / Can 07, 01 04:30 UTC, Total number of edits: 2 times
Reason: Updated color format

May 26, 17 / Can 06, 01 03:15 UTC

To AVR I agree If a person can't claim nature resoures for them selfs (such as a Nickel Iron ore Asteroid ) Which they could mine and make a living .Then what you'll end up with is a living wage from the government that will keep that person and their family poor and dependent on the good graces of the government 

May 26, 17 / Can 06, 01 03:25 UTC

@BohZao 

<<André in the fórum she already answered a lot of times too (but it as send to oblivion in the mix of so many posts and topics, the exact topic and page i don't remember sorry)>>

Maybe I am missing something but I have, so far, read all posts in this forum and the only post I saw from Lena is the very first one,starting this trend on page 1. In fact, I was finding quite odd that she did not participate in the discussion and answer some of the questions.

Furthermore, I just scrolled through all the 23 pages of posts, looking at the names and did not see any other post from her.

<<I AM on the bus only let me arrive at home and i posts here the answere from face!>> 

There is no rush. Anyway, I am about to log off, eat a bit and go to sleep. 

May 26, 17 / Can 06, 01 03:45 UTC

CHAPTER 2. GENERAL PROVISIONS

Article 1. Name

The terms “Space State,” "Space Nation," “Space Nation of Asgardia,” and “Asgardia” are synonymous.

Article 2. Status

Asgardia is a Democratic Technocracy that is the first free space unitary, social nation under law which is above ethnic, national, and religious divides, based on fairness, peace, due process, and the equal dignity of every human being, as humankind explores the Universe.

Article 3. Mission

To ensure the existence and development of Asgardia and humanity’s expansion throughout space.

Article 4. Supreme Values of Asgardia

§ 1. Asgardia’s Supreme Values are the common and permanent foundations of the self-identification of Asgardian citizens. These Supreme Values form the commonality of Asgardian society and lie at the heart of the objectives and activities of Asgardian state bodies, citizens, and associations.

§ 2. The Constitution, laws, and other regulations of Asgardia, as well as the activities of its state bodies, implement and protect Asgardia’s Supreme Values.

§ 3. Asgardia’s absolute Supreme Value is humanity striving into the limitless future of the Universe, an unstoppable quest to understand and transform the Universe.

§ 4. Asgardia’s Supreme Values in fulfilling its Mission are:

a. peace in space and the peaceful settlement of the Universe;

b. protection of all of humanity from space-originating threats;

c. ensuring equality of opportunity in space for all Asgardian citizens;

d. unity of humanity as a community in space;

e. human dignity, human rights, freedoms, and the harmonious development of the individual;

f. human life, love, children, family, and the propagation of the human species;

g. supremacy of law; 

h. space ecology;

i. community and mutual support; 

j. scientific advancement, artistic creativity, and the belief in the boundless potential of human reason, knowledge, labour, and progress;

k. peace, tranquillity, security, and confidence;

l. fairness, and freedom;

m. harmonious existence of the individual, society, and the Space Nation.

§ 5. Asgardia’s Supreme Values are equally important and equally implemented in state administration. In the event of a conflict between the Supreme Values, the absolute Supreme Value of Asgardia prevails.

§ 6. Asgardia’s Supreme Values apply to relations with Earth nation states and citizens, as well as any discovered alien intelligence.

§ 7. Citizens must implement and protect Asgardia's Supreme Values from internal and external infringement.

Last edited by:  Richie Bartlett (Asgardian)  on May 27, 17 / Can 07, 01 04:30 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

May 26, 17 / Can 06, 01 03:45 UTC

Article 5. Territory

§ 1. At the time of its foundation, Asgardia’s territory is the digitised noosphere, a digital state with living citizens on Earth, which exists on a near-Earth orbit, in the form of a single satellite or an orbital satellite constellation.

§ 2. Asgardia expands its territory by creating Asgardian localities on Earth, near-Earth orbits, and/or celestial bodies.

§ 3. Asgardian localities on Earth are peacefully and lawfully acquired natural hard and liquid surfaces on Earth and platforms situated on such surfaces.

§ 4. Asgardian localities are on near-Earth orbit satellites, orbital satellite constellations, and man-made platforms (Space Arks), and devices used to protect Asgardia.

§ 5. Asgardian localities on celestial bodies are Asgardian celestial entities, which may be located on the Moon and other objects in the Solar System and elsewhere in the Universe.

§ 6. Asgardia uses adjacent territories (hard surfaces, subsurface resources, oceans, atmospheres, space, celestial bodies, etc.) in accordance with generally recognised international principles and norms, as well as international treaties to which Asgardia is a party.

Last edited by:  Richie Bartlett (Asgardian)  on May 27, 17 / Can 07, 01 04:31 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

May 26, 17 / Can 06, 01 03:47 UTC

CHAPTER 3. CITIZENSHIP OF ASGARDIA

Article 6. Asgardian Citizens

§ 1. Any resident of Earth over the age of 16 who agrees to Asgardia’s Declaration of Unity and Constitution and consciously submits his/her digital personal data to Asgardia’s Space Database may become an Asgardian citizen. 

§ 2. Citizenship of Asgardia is a special type of citizenship and does not constitute dual or second citizenship for the purposes of any Earth nation citizenship. A citizen of an Earth nation becoming an Asgardian citizen does not confer multiple citizenship status unless otherwise stipulated by an international treaty to which Asgardia is a party.

§ 3. A child gains citizenship of Asgardia at birth if at least one parent is a citizen of Asgardia. A child born before the foundation of Asgardia may become a citizen at the request of his/her parent(s) who are citizens of Asgardia.

§ 4. Citizenship may be terminated by the Asgardian citizen waiving citizenship or by Asgardia revoking or suspending citizenship rights. Grounds for revocation of citizenship, as well as restrictions on the acceptance of new citizens, are set by the Law of Asgardia. 

Article 7. Location of Citizens

§ 1. Asgardian citizens have the right of free movement in Asgardian localities and the right to choose their location in Earth nation states. No levies nor port fees shall be imposed on citizens moving between Asgardian territories.

§ 2. An Asgardian citizen’s permanent residence in an Earth nation state does not deprive or diminish his/her rights or freedoms, does not suspend or terminate his/her citizenship and does not annul his/her obligations to Asgardia.

Last edited by:  Richie Bartlett (Asgardian)  on May 27, 17 / Can 07, 01 04:31 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

May 26, 17 / Can 06, 01 03:48 UTC

Article 8. Key Citizen Rights and Freedoms 

§ 1. The fundamental human rights of Asgardia are fruits of the age-old struggle of humanity to be free; they have survived the many exacting tests for durability and are conferred upon this and future generations in trust, to be held for all time inviolate. The people shall not be prevented from enjoying any of the fundamental human rights. These fundamental human rights guaranteed to the people by this Constitution shall be conferred upon the people of this and future generations as eternal and inviolate rights. 

§ 2. All people shall be respected as individuals. Their right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness shall not be infringed, to the extent that it does not interfere with the public welfare, the Supreme Values of Asgardia, or in other governmental affairs. All Citizens are considered equal under the law and there shall be no discrimination in political, economic, or social relations because of place of birth, residence, citizenship, language, gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, beliefs, or financial standing of Earth nation states. 

§ 3. All persons born within Asgardian territories will be granted citizenship.

§ 4. All citizens, upon reaching sixteen (16) Earth-years are empowered to exercise their full rights and obligations.

§ 5. Key Citizen Rights and Freedoms: 

a. Asgardia shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the people’s right to peaceful assembly, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. Freedom of the press shall not be impeded except where State secrets must be kept in the broadest discretion;

b. the right to participate in managing the affairs of the state both directly and via representatives;

c. the right to elect and be elected/appointed to Asgardia’s state bodies and participate in referenda;

d. the right to put forward legislative proposals;

e. the right to access to information about the activities of state bodies, officials, and supervise them;

f. the right to participate in exploration of space and universal access to scientific information and research;

g. the right to personal safety and the safety of the home;

h. the right to self-governance;

i. the right to own and inherit property.

§ 6. Children shall not be exploited. 

§ 7. All citizens have the right to seek legal reprieve in the Court of Justice for any infringement of rights and property. Every person may sue for redress as provided by law from the State or a public entity, in case he has suffered damage through the illegal acts of any public official. 

§ 8. Asgardian citizens may not be extradited to other states except as defined by the law.

§ 9. Asgardian citizens have the right to create associations and societies based on the law.

§ 10. Citizen rights and freedoms may only be restricted by the Law of Asgardia to the extent required to protect Asgardia’s national sovereignty, ensure Asgardia’s security, enable the performance of its mission and supreme values, and protect the rights of Asgardian citizens.

§ 11. The enumeration of specific citizen rights and freedoms in this article shall not be interpreted as the negation or diminishment of other citizen rights and freedoms stipulated by other articles of Asgardia’s Constitution, the laws of Asgardia, and generally recognised human rights and freedoms.

May 26, 17 / Can 06, 01 03:48 UTC

Article 9. Key Citizen Obligations

§ 1. Asgardian citizens have inalienable and indispensable rights. Asgardian citizen obligations arise from the moment they become citizens of Asgardia.

§ 2. All Asgardian citizens must respect, and not violate, the rights, freedoms, and established Law of Asgardia.

§ 3. All persons on Asgardian territory must comply with Asgardia’s Constitution, its laws and regulations, as well as respecting Asgardia’s Supreme Values.

§ 4. All citizens of Asgardia must comply with Asgardia's Constitution, laws, and regulations, and respect and implement its Supreme Values irrespective of their location, unless this results in violation of the law of the country in which they are located.

§ 5. The people shall be liable to taxation as provided by law.

§ 6. Asgardian citizens have the right to participate in elections and referenda. No law, decree, or amendment shall prevent any citizen from participation in the processes of Government. Citizens, regardless of origin, beliefs, or physical location shall be permitted to participate in elections and referenda.

§ 7. Asgardian citizens have a responsibility to support good practices for conservation, regeneration, and sustainability of all natural environments.

§ 8. Protecting Asgardia’s national sovereignty, security, and performing its mission and Supreme Values is an obligation of every Asgardian citizen.

§ 9. In accordance with the established Law, gross failure to perform citizen obligations may lead to suspension or permanent revocation of Asgardian citizenship, fines, and restriction and/or permanent revocation of access to Asgardia’s electronic and physical resources.

Article 10. Guarantees of Citizen Rights and Freedoms

§ 1. The state guarantees the rights and freedoms of citizens through the use of state body powers and all available resources.

§ 2. The state is liable for protecting citizen rights and freedoms and ensuring that they can be exercised.

§ 3. Guarantees of citizen rights and freedoms are supported using state property which serves as the material foundation for the exercising of state powers and performance of state obligations.

§ 4. The rights and freedoms of Asgardian citizens are guaranteed through the establishment of corresponding state obligations in the Constitution and Asgardia’s laws.

§ 5. The state guarantees that its aims, plans, and development forecasts, including threats and risks to its development, will be publicly disclosed.

§ 6. The state guarantees that any Asgardian legal act may be repealed on the request of Asgardian citizens by means of the appropriate procedure set by Asgardian law.

Last edited by:  Richie Bartlett (Asgardian)  on May 27, 17 / Can 07, 01 04:32 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

May 26, 17 / Can 06, 01 03:49 UTC

CHAPTER 4. ASGARDIAN RESOURCES

Article 11. Human Resources

§ 1. Asgardia encourages the development of human resources.

§ 2. Asgardia uses its own material, financial, and other resources to ensure free access to distance learning, professional qualifications, and scientific and creative work for Asgardian citizens.

§ 3. Asgardian citizens are entitled to free time for self-development, self-improvement, and creative and cultural pursuits for a minimum of thirty-five (35) percent of Earth-days in the Earth-year while employed by a business operating within Asgardian territories. It is not required to spend this time contiguously.

§ 4. Asgardia works to create jobs and facilitate maximum utilization of the abilities and qualifications of its citizens.

Article 12. Natural Resources

§ 1. Asgardia’s natural resources include material objects, energy, and information streams in space environments in the Universe within Asgardian territory, and adjacent environments in accordance with generally recognized international principles and norms, as well as international treaties to which it is a party.

§ 2. Asgardia uses space resources in accordance with international space law.

§ 3. Asgardia’s natural resources may be exclusively state property, the property of state-owned companies, public or private property, as well as other property defined under the law of Asgardia.

§ 4. Asgardia uses all available resources to ensure the safety and sustainability of its natural resources and the space environment, and supports corresponding initiatives in accordance with procedure set by the Law of Asgardia.

Article 13. Financial Resources

§ 1. Asgardia’s sovereign financial resources are comprised of state and private finance. Arbitrary seizure of private financial resources is prohibited.

§ 2. Asgardia’s currency is the Solar. The symbols for Solar will be established by Asgardia’s National Bank. Solar shall not be represented with a decimal place or fractional value.

§ 3. Asgardian currency is freely exchangeable into all of the main global currencies on the free market on Earth.

§ 4. Asgardia’s National Bank is responsible for the exchange rate, issuance and circulation of finance, as well as the stability of the sovereign currency and bank system liquidity. Asgardia’s National Bank is regulated by the law of Asgardia.

§ 5. Asgardia’s sovereign currency is issued by the National Bank further defined by the Law of Asgardia. Asgardia’s National Bank is a lender of last resort.

§ 6. The Government is responsible for the national budget, external financial exchange, the tax system, and the borrowing of money on the credit of Asgardia.

§ 7. Asgardia’s National Bank facilitates the development of a banking system for state-owned and private banks, regulates their operations and profitability. Bank regulations may not be restricted by international treaties.

§ 8. Revenue from state licences and the business activities of state institutions and state organisations of any kind is paid to the budget of Asgardia in full.

§ 9. Asgardia respects intellectual property rights. These rights will be further defined by law.

§ 10. The Government encourages the development of private business by establishing an appropriate state insurance system. Private business is regulated by the law of Asgardia.

§ 11. The Government shall establish a single-payer, universal health insurance program. Contribution to this program by citizens is regulated by the Law of Asgardia.

§ 12. The tax system and tax terms are regulated by the Law of Asgardia.

Last edited by:  Richie Bartlett (Asgardian)  on May 27, 17 / Can 07, 01 04:32 UTC, Total number of edits: 2 times

May 26, 17 / Can 06, 01 03:50 UTC

Article 14. Scientific Resources

§ 1. Asgardia is a nation state which celebrates science, the digitised noosphere, and ideas combining the advantages of information technology in virtual and physical space.

§ 2. Asgardia accumulates intellectual resources by digitising and storing the wealth of human knowledge in space.

§ 3. Asgardia creates and stores in orbit and on celestial bodies a Databank of biological materials from Earth.

§ 4. Science, art, research, and education may be pursued freely in Asgardia, subject to the Constitution.

§ 5. Asgardia’s electronic resources include, among others, a secure information and telecommunications network, an electronic mail network, electronic mass media, and television and radio broadcasting.

§ 6. Asgardia guarantees the rights of authors, inventors, and users of intellectual property. Intellectual property is defined in the Law of Asgardia and this constitution.

Article 15. Property

§ 1. Property in Asgardia ensures and guarantees the rights and freedoms of citizens, the security, welfare, and development of Asgardia, and serves the achievement of the common good.

§ 2. Asgardia recognizes exclusive (inalienable) state property, state property used for public needs, state property that constitutes the wealth of Asgardian citizens used for the common good, private property, and mixed forms of property.

§ 3. Property in Asgardia includes material and non-material objects such as information and intellectual property.

§ 4. Restrictions on property rights, as well as the procedure for circulation and disposal of property, are set by the law of Asgardia.

§ 5. Asgardia guarantees and protects all types of property.

§ 6. The right to own or to hold property is inviolable. Property rights shall be defined by law, in conformity with the public welfare. Private property may be taken for public use upon just compensation therefor.

Last edited by:  Richie Bartlett (Asgardian)  on May 27, 17 / Can 07, 01 04:32 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

May 26, 17 / Can 06, 01 03:51 UTC

CHAPTER 5. GOVERNMENT BY THE PEOPLE AND SOCIAL JUSTICE

Article 16. Government by the People

§ 1. Asgardian citizens are the source of Asgardia’s powers. 

§ 2. The collective will of Asgardian citizens is implemented through their participation in elections to state bodies and monitoring of these bodies, referenda, and interaction with their representatives in elected state bodies.

§ 3. Elections to state bodies and citizen participation in developing, making, implementing, and monitoring the performance of state administrative decisions is conducted primarily via electronic voting.

§ 4. Prejudice against participation in elections and referenda based on place of birth, residence, Earthly citizenship, language, gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, beliefs, or financial standing of Earth nation states, and any other difference is prohibited.

§ 5. State bodies and officials may not intervene in elections, put pressure on citizens, or falsify elections during democratic procedures.

§ 6. Government by the People in Asgardia is ensured by:

a. establishing a procedure for elections, requirements applicable to candidates and election time frames;

b. ensuring that state body officials can be replaced and setting maximum term limits for government positions;

c. court protection of Asgardian citizen rights to run for office and be elected;

d. public control via electronic resources of the public activities of state bodies, regular reporting to citizens, provision of open information about the state of different areas of government responsibilities in the format set by the law;

e. procedures that allow citizens to put forward legislative proposals and initiate referenda;

f. separation of powers;

g. the work of the Council of Supreme Values which monitors the activities of state bodies to ensure they are compliant with Asgardia’s Supreme Values and Constitution.

§ 7. The supreme form of the expression of public will in Asgardia is a referendum. Referenda are used to resolve important matters in Asgardia’s public life. The Head of State, Parliament, the Council of Supreme Values, and citizens have the right to initiate referenda.

Article 17. Fairness 

§ 1. Asgardia recognizes that every person has an inalienable right to fair treatment and facilitates the enjoyment of this right.

§ 2. Asgardia is a nation state of social justice which strives to ensure that citizens enjoy material benefits expected by other citizens, society, and the state, which are produced by the citizen through labour.

§ 3. Fairness in Asgardia is ensured through the state respecting the legal interests of all lawful interest groups and striving to balance conflicting interests.

§ 4. To ensure fairness, the state encourages:

a. equal rights and equality of human dignity;

b. state and public support for groups in need, charity, philanthropy, and mutual aid;

c. work and scientific and technological progress.

§ 5. The state encourages the work of citizens and citizen associations, including investors and philanthropists, who engage in socially important activities.

Last edited by:  Richie Bartlett (Asgardian)  on May 27, 17 / Can 07, 01 04:33 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

May 26, 17 / Can 06, 01 03:53 UTC

Article 18. Equality of Dignity for All 

§ 1. Asgardia recognises the equal dignity of all persons.

§ 2. Every person has the right to have their dignity recognised and protected in life and after death. No grounds can be used to diminish human dignity. The dignity of Asgardian citizens is protected by the state.

§ 3. The views of people and Asgardian citizens concerning human dignity are formed and fostered through education, parenting, propaganda and the media in accordance with Asgardia’s Supreme Values.

§ 4. The state protects groups of citizens who find themselves in a difficult position on Asgardian territory by providing them equal access to food, clothing, shelter and basic material benefits.

§ 5. The government seeks to reduce inequality of social conditions and opportunities for Asgardian citizens, including those contingent on their country of residence.

Article 19. Labour

§ 1. The state and society encourage labour and seek to increase its value, significance, and prestige.

§ 2. Employment rights are regulated by Asgardian law in accordance with generally recognized principles and norms of international law.

Article 20. Social Protection

§ 1. Social protection of citizens takes the form of social support and assistance to the needy and pensioners.

§ 2. Social protection is provided in accordance with Asgardian law.

Last edited by:  Richie Bartlett (Asgardian)  on May 27, 17 / Can 07, 01 04:33 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time