May 25, 17 / Can 05, 01 05:39 UTC

Re: Discussion of the draft Constitution  

PREAMBLE:

1. unite humanity above ethnic, national, religious divides, (  I prefer Religions shouldn’t be mentioned, and provide them fertile land to grow, unless it morph into Philosophy or Scientifically friendly Spiritualism)

May 25, 17 / Can 05, 01 05:43 UTC

11. Asgardia is a country of free spirit, science and internationalism. At the same time, every Asgardian can freely practice any religion on Earth.

Very Ironical ,you are dragging the earthly conflict to Asgardia, by planting the seeds of divisions,

May 25, 17 / Can 05, 01 05:45 UTC

12. There is no place for Earth conflicts history in Asgardia. Asgardia creates a new peaceful history of the future of the space humankind

Very funny this no 12 contradicts no 11

May 25, 17 / Can 05, 01 05:53 UTC

We, the people of Asgardia, will do everything for the prosperity of our new space country created by us; for the protection of our motherland - planet Earth;

FOR THE PROTECTION OF OUR MOTHERLAND-PLANET EARTH  :  IN WHAT WAYS ? SHOULD WE HAVE THE DETAIL LATER IN ANY FORM FOR  GUIDANCE?

SOME  IDEOLOGIES   WORSHIP  THE AMARGEDON, AND HAVE APOCALYPTIC VIEW OF SELF DESTRUCTION OR SELF- FULFILLING -PROPHESY

May 25, 17 / Can 05, 01 07:34 UTC

1.Asgardia is a Constitutional Monarchy.....is this a joke ?

2.Currency - GOR ???? I GOR another joke ??? why not turn Asgardia in Ashurbeylia

Personally I am rooting for a return to  Direct Democracy. In the old old days of Ancient Greece democracy was  exercised on each issue. Basically a question is proposed and everyone  votes yay or nay. In today's modern computer internet saturated world  the potential for a return to the truest form of Democracy has arrived.
Something  like anyone poses whatever proposal they want. If that proposal gets  enough support from the general population then it becomes a question.  Every 2 weeks questions are voted on by everyone living in the country.  Governments would completely shed the 'representative' concept and  simply become executives that implement the will of the people. Like  corporations now that are accountable to shareholders. Key points are  that questions are posed neutrally with a few different expected  outcomes explained.
Of course arguing that this is the 'best'  system of government is difficult. Strong arguments exist that giving  less educated people more say in governing leads to weaker decisions. I  for one would like to try it first before I accept that. I might be  willing to put an education minimum on voting rights if proven necessary  however.

May 25, 17 / Can 05, 01 07:36 UTC

1.Asgardia is a Constitutional Monarchy.....is this a joke ?

2.Currency - GOR ???? I GOR another joke ??? why not turn Asgardia in Ashurbeylia

Personally I am rooting for a return to  Direct Democracy. In the old old days of Ancient Greece democracy was  exercised on each issue. Basically a question is proposed and everyone  votes yay or nay. In today's modern computer internet saturated world  the potential for a return to the truest form of Democracy has arrived.
Something  like anyone poses whatever proposal they want. If that proposal gets  enough support from the general population then it becomes a question.  Every 2 weeks questions are voted on by everyone living in the country.  Governments would completely shed the 'representative' concept and  simply become executives that implement the will of the people. Like  corporations now that are accountable to shareholders. Key points are  that questions are posed neutrally with a few different expected  outcomes explained.
Of course arguing that this is the 'best'  system of government is difficult. Strong arguments exist that giving  less educated people more say in governing leads to weaker decisions. I  for one would like to try it first before I accept that. I might be  willing to put an education minimum on voting rights if proven necessary  however.

May 25, 17 / Can 05, 01 07:38 UTC

Article 2.Status 

Asgardia is a Constitutional Monarchy that is the first free space unitary, social nation under law that is above ethnic, national, religious divides, based on morality, fairness, peace and the equal dignity of every human being, which looks to the future and the infinite space of the Universe

CONSTITUTIONAL  MONARCHY ?  Like United Kingdom ?Supreme ruler by King or Queen ?

May 25, 17 / Can 05, 01 07:45 UTC

Asgardia’s Supreme Values apply to relations with Earth nations and citizens, as well as any discovered alien intelligence

How about Intelligent Animals like Dogs,Dolphine,Swine,Rat, Elephants etcc ?

May 25, 17 / Can 05, 01 07:54 UTC

7. Asgardian citizens have the right to create associations and societies based on the law.

Religious Associations ?

May 25, 17 / Can 05, 01 07:59 UTC

Hi to all.

Many people already noticed about taxes (in Article 9, paragraph 5, "Asgardian citizens must pay lawfully established taxes and levies." ) and I also want add few words about this paragraph.

I think that in the nation that doesn't have any territory, any institutions and don't give any workplaces, there is nonsense to pay taxes. It's like situation when you join some organization (like sailors-club, kitty cat lovers club etc.) and pay membership fee. But here we have tremendous format of financing such a club.

Taxes must be applied only for people that works on Asgardia facilities (factories, science centers, farms etc.) and get salary, that is fair. All other aspects must be in a form of donations. And I don't see any problem here, Asgardia forms from people that interested in a development of a new nation, if they will see necessity they will share. So there is no need to force them to pay money.

May 25, 17 / Can 05, 01 08:00 UTC

10. Failure to perform citizen obligations or failure to perform them properly may lead to permanent revocation of Asgardian citizenship, suspension of Asgardian citizenship, fines, restriction and/or permanent revocation of access to Asgardia’s electronic resources in accordance with the law of Asgardia. The death penalty is prohibited in Asgardia. The creation of prisons is prohibited in Asgardia

Even for the serious crimes ? Much dangerous physically to the community ?

May 25, 17 / Can 05, 01 08:02 UTC

@bigred - can't promise, because very busy, but will try to lead all to the system closer to a vote. While there is only a replica when I see some very controversial moments. Besides, my English leaves much to be desired.

May 25, 17 / Can 05, 01 08:05 UTC

2. Asgardia uses its own material, financial and other resources to ensure free access to distance learning, professional qualifications, scientific and creative work for Asgardian citizens.

For example I want to learn desparately ASTRONOMY and COSMOLOGY, how could Asgardia provide the facility in San Pedro ?

May 25, 17 / Can 05, 01 08:20 UTC

f. separation of powers;

What do you mean by this. Montesqiu's  TRIAS POLITICA  ?

May 25, 17 / Can 05, 01 08:25 UTC

Every person has the right to have their dignity recognised and protected in life and after death

What do you mean by this ?  Procession and  proper Funeral ? San Pedro is small after all, not much space for the livings. Probably Crematory would be the solution.