May 24, 17 / Can 04, 01 13:45 UTC
Re: Discussion of the draft Constitution ¶
Article 32. Head of the Nation of Asgardia
1. The Chief of the Nation is the highest official of Asgardia, the guarantor of the Constitution, which establishes the main directions of domestic and foreign policy and represents the State at home and abroad.
2. The first Head of the Nation elected on 01/20/17 is Igor Ashurbeyli.
3. The Head of the Nation has a unique mandate of 10 years.
4. The Chief of the Nation is elected by direct election of the citizens.
5. The second Chief of the Nation may be any Asgardian citizen of more than 40 years who has had the space citizenship for at least five years before being appointed, who has the physical and mental health to perform the functions of Head of State.
6. In case of death, resignation, permanent incapacity or declaration of death of the Head of State, as well as in the circumstances provided by law when the Chief of the Nation is unable to perform his functions, they shall be temporarily transferred to the President of Parliament until The reasons that prevented the Head of State from fulfilling these functions will no longer be in force or until the inauguration of the new head of the Nation.
7. The procedure for electing the Heads of the Nation and organizing their activities is established by law and the Constitution.
8. The Parliament may withdraw the Head of the Nation from office in accordance with the procedure established by law in case of:
to. Permanent incapacity to perform their functions for health reasons;
B. The Attorney General accuses the Chief of the Nation of treason or other serious crime, with such accusation confirmed by a conclusion of the Royal Court;
C. The Attorney General or the Supreme Securities Court accuses the Chief of the Nation of a serious violation of the Constitution of Asgardia, with such accusation confirmed by a conclusion of the Royal Court.
9. The Chief of the Nation enjoys immunity and is granted a lifetime guarantee of personal security and the security of his property after leaving office.
10. The Head of the Nation:
to. Appoints and removes the President of the National Audit Office, the President of the Supreme Council of the Nation and the extraordinary and plenipotentiary Asgardian ambassadors of the nations of the Earth;
B. Proposes and appoints the candidate to President of Government.
C. Calls for elections to the members of Parliament in accordance with the law of Asgardia;
D. Negotiates and signs international treaties, instruments of ratification, accepts credentials and dismisses diplomatic representatives;
and. Proposes bills to Parliament, signs laws adopted by Parliament and returns them without signature with the right to promulgate them, and has the right to veto laws adopted by Parliament;
F. Awards state awards and awards military ranks and honorary titles;
G. Grant clemency;
H. Appoints the staff of the Administration of the Head of State, which supports the work of the Head of State;
I. Creates discussion and advisory bodies to support him in the performance of his duties;
J. Performs other functions stipulated by the Constitution and the law of Asgardia.
11. In case of aggression against Asgardia by the nations of the Earth or direct threats of such aggression, the Head of the Nation declares a state of emergency in accordance with the law of Asgardia, which must be confirmed later by the Parliament .
12. The Chief of the Nation issues decrees that are obligatory for the Asgardian citizens. The decrees of the Chief of the Nation should not counteract the Constitution and the laws of Asgardia.