Feb 20, 17 / Pis 23, 01 18:31 UTC

Greetings and Salutations  

-Hello.-

This is the part where I introduce myself. I tend to get wordy so please forgive my verbosity.

Here goes the factual part first:

I am a mid-fourties male with what seems like 6 decades of experience under my belt. I have done a LOT and the idea of iterating it out seems rather silly as I have learned that what one knows is not nearly as important as what one does with it.

With regards to learning, I am a systemic analyst by trade, a video editor for fun, and a lifetime skeptic. I am pretty certain I have some form of Autism but, when I was growing up, it wasn't a thing and at this point I have learned how to overcome most of the social obstacles I suffered from in my youth. I still lack that sense of 'belonging' to any particular social group or political group which sometimes trips me up.

To me, Asgardia seems like a great concept, if it is properly implemented. I am still skeptical of its ability to overcome the foibles of our reality, as well as still a bit confused about what it is offering to its citizens. For what it is worth, I would like to see this nation succeed. For my part, I can do videos and such for informational and promotional purposes (with the disclaimer that I will NOT be engaging in anything false or misleading). My skepticism and critical analysis of systems allows me to find 'loopholes' and similar exploits that one may use to personally benefit themselves. I would offer these skills to Asgardia when they become necessary.

Now, for the personal part:

In my spare time I teach myself things. I have a severely eclectic skillset ranging from emergency medicine and survival training to computer programming and systems design. My parents were convinced, during my youth, that World War III was coming and had me hard-trained in every survival skill ever conceived to make sure I could protect myself and my sister 'when the war happened'. Of course, it never happened, but I still remember the training.

For entertainment, I play games as a means of keeping my mind busy; either on the computer or board games. I keep myself physically fit because the idea of not being able to move around when I am older distresses me.

I speak and understand only English. My Spanish allows me to read a bit, and I can understand bits and pieces of many languages due to my travels but not nearly enough to be considered proficient.

As a very tall man (6'5" in English measurement) I expect the odds of my physically getting into space are minimal. Big guys tend to not fit into the present-day tiny spacecraft and the larger-than-average dietary needs of persons of my size tend to make us less-than-optimal candidates for space travel. I understand this and hope we can one day overcome it, but recognize these limitations.

Politically speaking:

I see us as having only one planet we can live on. We have been doing a piss-poor job of taking care of it, or keeping our populations in check so as not to overtax our planet's resources and, as a result, the planet is treating us the same way our bodies treat foreign, dangerous organisms: it is trying to burn us out with a fever through ever-increasing temperatures and stronger and more severe weather events. Whether these were going to happen naturally or are happening through the result of humanity's actions really isn't relevant to the fact that it is happening. Instead of using our energies trying to make certain we don't end up extinct due to these extreme weather-related events, we are spending more energy arguing about the nit-picky details about how it happened.

I expect humanity will begin to prey upon itself as resources become more and more scarce. In the beginning it will be those who have the money to pay for the resources squaring off with those who are sneaky and stealthy enough to steal the resources they require being those that will survive. After that, the demand for resources will die down (because of fewer people) and it will be a matter of who can survive the environmental conditions of the time with the remaining resources available, requiring cunning and cleverness more so than any other skills.

Of course, all of this presumes we don't go to war and kill off too many people with WMDs or get hit by a giant rock from space. Less likely events, but possibilities.

Sort of pessimistic, I understand, but one rarely survives by expecting the best. I find hoping for the best, planning for the worst, and being prepared for when reality falls in-between to be the surest manner to live.

I can be contacted off these forums using my Skype account of phicksur, or my Steam account, also phicksur, or my YouTube channel, also phicksur. Whole lotta phicksur going on (which, is phonetically pronounced like Fixer, for the record).

If you have read this far I respect your patience. :D

Updated  on Feb 23, 17 / Pis 26, 01 18:00 UTC, Total number of edits: 2 times

Feb 20, 17 / Pis 23, 01 20:19 UTC

Hi Fixer, Welcome to the Asgardia Forums! We have many discussions and projects happening at the moment. We welcome your ideas. Be sure to familiarize yourself with the terms if you haven’t already. Let us know if you have any questions. https://asgardia.space/en/forum/forum/forum-announcements-10/topic/asgardiaspace-posting-rules-82/ Make sure to keep up with Asgardia News and Announcements at https://asgardia.space/en/forum/forum/asgardia-news-9/

Feb 21, 17 / Pis 24, 01 11:31 UTC

Welcome you!