May 27, 17 / Can 07, 01 14:53 UTC

Re: Discussion of the draft Constitution  

This taxation mechanism will be similar not so much to collect mandatory donations or membership fees, more characteristic of sects, but on the principle of operation of crowdfunding platforms such as Boomstarter (in Russia). They provide the possibility of obtaining funds for a commission fee. Every citizen performing work on the order of Asgardia and using its technical and other means, primarily for his/her own – but it also adds to the budget of Asgardia. I believe such a model will not cause a negative attitude from anyone.

May 27, 17 / Can 07, 01 17:15 UTC

Now an Official Draft of the constitution has been officialized... and I fear for the political system proposed... We have the chance to propose another form of government, but the proposed system is the same among the rest... To make the head of state inherit the government from his father, is where lies innequality and tiranny. Another draft was being developed which would predict 5 powers, the common 3 plus the cientific power and civic power. The official draft, predicts people to vote for a political class that will take their destiny for them... Doesn't it sound similar to the other countries of the world ? I was thinking of a way to improve the rights and political participation of asgardia, but i run out of time... I fear that this draft to be aproved, and the freedom we all want, remains just as an utopical dream... Let's think of another system... Do not vote for this current official draft. Please give me your opinions, in favor or against this draft !!

May 27, 17 / Can 07, 01 17:15 UTC

Now an Official Draft of the constitution has been officialized... and I fear for the political system proposed... We have the chance to propose another form of government, but the proposed system is the same among the rest... To make the head of state inherit the government from his father, is where lies innequality and tiranny. Another draft was being developed which would predict 5 powers, the common 3 plus the cientific power and civic power. The official draft, predicts people to vote for a political class that will take their destiny for them... Doesn't it sound similar to the other countries of the world ? I was thinking of a way to improve the rights and political participation of asgardia, but i run out of time... I fear that this draft to be aproved, and the freedom we all want, remains just as an utopical dream... Let's think of another system... Do not vote for this current official draft. Please give me your opinions, in favor or against this draft !!

May 27, 17 / Can 07, 01 18:10 UTC

@Andre Ratel(Asgardian) on 26 May 2017, 2:10 a.m.

A second draft from the core team?

Could someone from the core team of project Asgardia informs us if they intend to submit a second draft of the Constitution before June 18? Or have they decided that the vote will take place anyway on the first draft and that a modified text will be proposed only if the first has been rejected?

(If each draft has to be translated into all 13 official languages, the iterative process is bound to be slow.) 

I seriously doubt we will see anything (2nd/3rd/etc) new before Asgard 1, 0001 (July 18, 2017)....

Last edited by:  Richie Bartlett (Asgardian)  on May 27, 17 / Can 07, 01 18:48 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

May 27, 17 / Can 07, 01 18:41 UTC

1. Suggestions:- Article 16/3 When voting is done then soft copy should be published to community via proper channel like individual mail by which they should know that vote has gone their favorite candidate.
  2. Chapter 1 :- Add this word in Preamble "FRATERNITY": This refers to a feeling of brotherhood & a  sense of belonging with the country among its people. It embraces  psychological as well as territorial dimensions of National Integration.  It leaves no room for regionalism, Communism, caste-ism etc. which  hinders the Unity of the State.
  Last edited by:  Nikhil Chaudhary (Asgardian)  on May 27, 17 / Can 07, 01 18:50 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

May 27, 17 / Can 07, 01 19:36 UTC

Hello Asgardians

I agree with BloodyClean statements, I don't like monarquies, this is a very old concept, and also do not allows the constant progress of a nation. The Asgardia goverment can ask for money via sales of services, goods or any other way but tax. I'll pay the taxes as I do in my country but I want to receive something in return, like roads, schools, health care, etc. In the chapter 32.11 says that the HoS will have inmunity, I do not agree on that. It should become a regular citizen, no special privileges. Another point in 33.12 (a) is the huge amount of power confering to the HoS by the constitution, where he can choose two of the mayor power of the state. And last but not least, in 33.12(b)  I'm really afraid of the power to dissolve the parliament, that is inconceivable!

And my final, the is no mention at all about the right of privacy, it mention right of freedom but never the right of privacy, and this is a very important matter.

Best regards

Simon

May 27, 17 / Can 07, 01 19:42 UTC

I agree wiht Marcelo Moura too!

Last edited by:  simon Santana (Asgardian)  on May 27, 17 / Can 07, 01 19:58 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

May 27, 17 / Can 07, 01 21:31 UTC

@LoreZyra
Read here please.

May 27, 17 / Can 07, 01 21:48 UTC

@Dmitry Novoseltsev
To the Constitution needs to be included about the following thesis: "The taxes of Asgardia charged solely only with incomes of Asgardian citizens, derived from their activities in the interests of Asgardia and using its infrastructure".

Well, I don't remember in which thread, but that's exactly what I wrote before. The reason is quite simple: if someone have no income (where "income" is even intended as "benefit from Asgardia's services") why should sponsor who is having, if not on donation basis?

There are other pratical reasons too: to apply a tax, a Government have to know the amount of money/resources a citizen have at his/her disposition. But there is no pratical way to have this knowledge (sure a foreign country's government won't disclose it to Asgardia, just to say) unless these resources are created into Asgardia itself: that's why Asgardia's Government can tax "Asgardia's produced income" only, ad in proportional way.
About the "proportional way", as we claim to be a "scientific nation", I expect financial experts to make some kind of formula, instead of "levels" adopted by some countries. And a threshold under which one have not to pay taxes.

May 28, 17 / Can 08, 01 02:48 UTC

Colleagues, does anybody know who the developers of the draft, or is it a conspiracy?

Do they read this forum and react somehow to the objection? 

I would like to hear some answers – if not agreed with the objection, at least convincing argument.

May 28, 17 / Can 08, 01 04:03 UTC

@Dmitry Novoseltsev(Asgardian) on 28 May 2017, 2:48 a.m.

Colleagues, does anybody know who the developers of the draft, or is it a conspiracy?
I would like to hear some answers – if not agreed with the objection, at least convincing argument.

As I understand it, the initial document was written in Russian by Dr. Igor Ashurbeyli before being passed to his LEGAL team and translators. @Lena De Winne is the direct contact that represents Dr. Ashurbeyli and is the CEO of NGO Asgardia.  I have read (page 3) that he also demanded to get all community feedback by May 28 (today, 10 days!! after releasing the first English version of the Draft). The *rush* seems to be motivated by some ill-conceived idea of having the nation established by Asgard 1, 0001 (July 18, 2017). Dr. I. Ashurbeyli does not have a profile on this forum and does not communicate with any of us directly... We can only talk/email @Lena... Does the good doctor know what's going on? Does he care about our feedback? I have no hard evidence either way...

Last edited by:  Richie Bartlett (Asgardian)  on May 28, 17 / Can 08, 01 05:08 UTC, Total number of edits: 2 times
Reason: Added dead line link

May 28, 17 / Can 08, 01 05:13 UTC

@Dmitry Novoseltsev

Well... "reaction"... all I know is they "react" a lot if you ask too much things or make too much assumptions (or create threads they don't want/like).
About the word in your third sentence, the 7th one to be exact (I underlined it for your convenience), it's common agreement you can't be so rude to use it in a forum which can be read even by kids: use the "A-word" instead, please.

@LoreZyra
Worth remembering Dr. A (this forum seems full of A-words...) is the boss of Ms. De Winne: pretty sure "he knows" and, probably, "asked" her to behave that way.

May 28, 17 / Can 08, 01 10:58 UTC

@Rainbow - I understand you are trying to keep the focus on the draft constitution and I am not for or against any particular proposal, However I would think that someone re-writing the proposal following the exact format of the original was a pretty big comment on the official draft.

In making comments it is not responsible or productive to just say "This is rubbish". There must be constructive suggestions of why it is thought to be "rubbish" and how a person proposes it would be made better.

It would seem to me that everyone who has "re-written" part or all of the official draft is actually making the most beneficial comments. Therefore criticism, questioning and discussion of the why's and how's of such proposals will lead to the most beneficial informational comments to be passed onto the administration team.  After all these comments are to be summarised for the admin team and it would be better to summarise properly debated and presented comments with documented reasons and proposed options than to just hand in a great pile of ideas on which there has been no rational debate or proper understanding or agreement.

Last edited by:  Paul Bellamy (Asgardian)  on May 28, 17 / Can 08, 01 10:59 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

May 28, 17 / Can 08, 01 12:44 UTC

@LoreZyra on 27 May 2017, 6:10 p.m.

<<   I seriously doubt we will see anything (2nd/3rd/etc) new before Asgard 1, 0001 (July 18, 2017).... >>

I believe you are right and that this is a major mistake on their part. 

If no one of the core team is following what is being said in this forum, they might be surprised by the results of the vote or by the lack of participation on June 18.

The fact that no one from the core team is here to answer the concerns of citizens or explain the rationale behind some articles of the draft Constitution is a bit frustrating. But, perhaps, they are trying to manage too many aspects of project Asgardia at the same time and they cannot keep up.

May 28, 17 / Can 08, 01 13:08 UTC

Overall, I find the rough draft acceptable.

I was surprised to see the use of a Constitutional Monarchy be put into play, but with the structure we already had in the planning stages (multiple ministries and a head of state) it was a logical conclusion.

In any case, the Head of Nation can be limited in power or given power based upon what is decided by the final draft. It's not an absolute monarchy.

I would like to see the age range be a little wider for offices, though. Or at least a median age range based on our population.